All reviews fantastic site family camping holiday minute drive small supermarket lovely family young family all ages mobile home sanitation pitches campsite vineyards units amenities pools bergerac accommodation
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for just over a week ... booked based on reviews and photos.
Firstly the staff were helpful and lovely. The kids club worker was amazing - a lovely kind lady who did amazingly!
It was kept nice abd clean.

We booked a bigger pitch ... with a lake side view. I booked this as I was told it would be peaceful. NOT!!!!!

The pitches are very close to each other, there is absolutely no privacy and your view consists of people continuously waking pass you or sitting in front of your camp site fishing!!!!

We would not recommend this site if you are looking for some peace and quiet.
If that's not important to you and you don't mind listening to everyone's conversation till gone midnight then this is the campsite for you!

There are also only two washing machines for the entire campsite sooo be prepared to get up really early to get your washing done or take a chair with you whilst you wait for a washing machine to be one free!

Really disappointed as we were so looking forward to relaxing and enjoying some peace and quiet. We will never go back to this campsite.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly I must declare we never actually got to stay at this campsite, the reason being as follows. We were already camping in the area but our daughter was flying in and we wanted to move somewhere with a pool. We parked up outside the site and were walking towards the reception when a female member of staff emerged from a side avenue and asked if she could help us in a manner that suggested we shouldn't be there. She spoke good English and I explained the situation. She said they were full right now. Fair enough. I said we were going to be in the area for a while and noticed they had river access, could we have a look. Sorry, she said, this is private property and you are not a guest !! I was gobsmacked. In a country where it is standard practise to look at an hotel room before booking I found it hard to interpret her reaction as anything other than downright rude. I did say to her that if that was their standard welcome then we probably wouldn't want to camp there anyway. Is it me?

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank LynneK417
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We camped for 11 nights, found the place to be excellent in every way, very family oriented, staff excellent very friendly, could not fault it in any way, will be back next year, great swimming pool, brilliant lake for swimming, or jumping off pontoon for my 6 year old, lots to see around the area, fantastic night markets with great food.

1  Thank I8196CJmartinw
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in June (in a Eurocamp Avant unit) and had a fabulous time. Although not all of the amenities were open as the main holiday season had not started, the main facilities were all open and for us, the fact that the site was not busy was more relaxing.

The outdoor pool complex is excellent and there is a covered pool as well, so plenty of swimming opportunities. The resort is ideally situated for exploring the Western Dordogne, and is close to many bastides and delightful small towns.

Larger centers, such as Bordeaux are a couple of hours away and there are many lovely vineyards and chateaux in the area.

The site is run by a lovely family who really engage with and take care of guests, whether you are staying in one of their own units, with Eurocamp, or camping independently.

A fantastic site in a lovely position. What more could you ask for?

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank melzest
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Just come back from a weeks stay with Eurocamp at Pomport Beach.
Overall the site was great, though very quiet (even for this time of year).
The pool area was very clean and tidy, with only 1 secure access gate to stop the little ones escaping!
The pool was very good, with (modern) curved steps and smooth corners etc, and was only about 1.5mtrs at the deepest part.

Some points;
1. No supermarket on site and the nearest one is a short drive away.
2. Can order bread and croissants etc from reception for the next morning.
3. You will absolutely need a vehicle if u wish to go anywhere. There's not even a bus service nearby.
4. The weather this time of year in the dordogne can be hit and miss. Pack appropriately!
5. Local area is very quiet, don't cone here expecting restaurant's and bars etc!
6. The bar onsite is reasonably priced (nice Stella on draft). Tends to stay open for as long as customers are there but not too late!
7. Pitches all look a decent size with lots of electric hook up's.

All in all, we enjoyed our holiday. We flew over and hired a car at the airport (which is approx 10-15mins away). I wouldn't recommend coming here without transport, as I honestly don't know what you would do about shopping etc!

The site is lovely though and staff are all friendly (and speak perfect English as a bonus). The maintenance guys always seem busy keeping the place spotless!
Our Eurocamp rep; Mark, was also very friendly and really helpful when needed.

I would stay here again if in the area.
Would have scored a 5* only for the relatively remote location.

Date of stay: June 2017