“Easter Day Lunch”

Price range: US$38 - US$78
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An intimate and contemporary Scottish restaurant with classic French influences in the beautiful fishing village of Stein, Isle of Skye.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My daughters booked a table at this restaurant a month ago... And we sure were not disappointed....to drive down to the shore.
A Michelin meal it certainly was- from the starter to the dessert.
Little extras were very welcome too...that is a dead cert....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the 5 course tasting menu and the food was outstanding. The combination of delicate flavours was divine. The highlights were; the amazing fish soup and crab sandwich, scallop with hazelnut crust, monkish with apple, turbot with the amazing sauce, and the desert plate was exceptional. The service was great too! Thank you! To top it off after the meal we watched a lovely sunset. Perfect!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food here was absolutely delicious however veins were left in our langoustines and quite a bit of grit from shellfish was left in our soups.

The waiting staff were lovely although there was a few minor issues on service. Waiters asking same questions as each other, not always describing the dishes, wrong placement of cutlery resulting in plates being placed on top of cutlery.
We could feel the presence of the waiting staff at all times, almost lingering. In finer dining I believe you should feel always looked after whilst at the same time feeling like your table is the only one in the room.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Went here on Saturday 3rd of March for a meal. Lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and the manager could not have been nicer. I had a lovely fish soup to start with. The wine was excellent.I am a bit disappointed that the main fish course was cod with a shrimp sauce. I could have done with a bit more choice,as I can have cod any time. The other choice was venison,which was chosen by my two companions,as they did not want fish.Otherwise it was excellent and we spent two enjoyable hours there. There was a five course fish menu I would have enjoyed more, but everyone in the party would have to take it and that was not possible. Why would that be?It was more expensive,but I would have gladly paid for it.I had clothe dumpling with custard for dessert and it was lovely.

1  Thank anthonyfraser
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This was the third time we have eaten at Loch bay since it was taken over by the new owners.
If anything, it's gotten better. Better food, better service, better ambience but bear in mind any improvements have come from a very high benchmark.
Last night we had slow cooked Jacob's Ladder to start and then followed it with the Venison haunch and pie.
Add in the wonderful nibbles and bread - it was really sublime food.
Here's the best part though - it's all done at, what can only be described as, fantastic value for money -
Finally, I have to say though we are 'local', and friendly with the head of house, we don't have any relationship with the owner and chef, so in this sense my review is 100% impartial in that respect.
Credit where it's due.
Book and treat yourself -we have, again.

1  Thank Cartersrest