Anilana Nilaveli
C Beyond(Nilaveli)
The Coastal Hotel(Trincomalee)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewspool chaletssri lankapigeon islandaccess roadpublic beachrain showermodern hotelthe general managershady treesa la cartemain buildinglobby areamemorable stayopen planthe kitchen staffoff seasonset menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Situated right in the nilaveli beach Anilana Nilaveli, must be a place for wonderful location for your vacation.
Though after reading few negative comments also, decided to visit the place as it was last moment travel arrangement.
FROM THE MOMENT OF ARRIVAL POOR ATTITUDE AND STINGINESS OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT/OWNERS WERE OBVIOUS.

Negative
1. Please hire enough staff to front desk and lobby, so your management team doesn’t have to carry bags.
2. There were only one well trained front office personnel as far as I noticed, and he is over working.
3. There are vast vacant areas inside the hotel which are virtually left out.
4. Please check the status rooms before giving to guests. Our room air-condition failed 3 times in 20 hour period and one time it flood the room.
5. Check the functionality of electrical equipment in room. Power breaker of our room went our early in the morning, didn’t know what caused it.
6. Keep at least two garbage bins per room.
7. Very poor tea coffee making facilities in the room.
8. No stationaries in the room.
9. Mini bar is empty.
10. Is there a functioning electric generator in the hotel?
11. Bathroom accessories are well below of this class of hotel and towels were torn out.
12. Is there a pool boy, life guard in duty?
13. Though it’s a public beach, 50m area in front of hotel at least can be kept clean by the hotel.
14. Garden and patio are not that tidy.
15. Poor quality of purchasing food items. There were bugs in the red rice, banana were too ripped.
16. Poor synchronization and paring of food items at lunch and dinner.
17. Tea and coffee at buffet were kept in pot so they are cold!!
Positive
1. Met a team of very spirited and attentive staffers as a collective where I have never seen before. Specially Mr. Nilantha (front office), Mr. Roy (restaurant) and Mr. Ziad? (front office) with restaurant staff and junior chefs/cooks should be mentioned, because with all the above negatives you guys made our day! Thank you for your hospitality.
2. Super-fast and skilled maintenance crew.
3. Great location and nice pools.

Room Tip: pool Chalet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank chanuruban
Shemali S, Manager at Anilana Nilaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We were very sorry to have disappointed you and regret this TERRIBLE rating. We have taken your comments seriously to heart and will attempt to address these positively.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most incredible 3 night stay at the hotel. It was just what we needed to wind down after lots of sight seeing in the cultural triangle.

We were greeted by friendly chatty staff who gave us cold hand towels and ice cold ginger beer. We were shown to an incredible room with a beautiful view over gardens and the pool to the left. Huge room with lovely bathroom, bathrobes, comfy bed.

We ate at the hotel each night and the menu has a good variety and the prices seem about right for what’s offered. Our waiter Dinushan who we saw most mornings and each evening was very friendly and helpful and deserves a special mention.

The pool area is beautiful and we enjoyed sitting on the beach under the shade and at the poolside also.
We asked for tea at the beach (typical British!) and originally the waiter said he couldn’t provide it as only available in the main restaurant. 20 mins later he returned with a tray of freshly brewed tea having made the journey back to the restaurant 100m away just for us- a really lovely touch.

One very minor complaint- there was a large wasp nest below our open corridor which we mentioned several times to staff but still remained after 3 days. We are going to give the team the benefit of the doubt that it might take some time to remove as would require a specialist, really should get rid of it ASAP though as when those wasps mature they could cause a lot of hassle!

We were sad to leave and would definitely stay again if we were in this part of the world again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m1100056
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Great, modern hotel with large rooms, large washrooms, clean, modern, roomy, etc. Perfect. Views over the ocean. Two large swimming pools. Beach with waving palms. You can easily lose yourself for a few weeks here. The breakfast is really good. The a la carte lunch and dinner is mediocre and european-priced. Beers (500 LKR) mid-price, and wines (700-1200 per glass) getting up there but affordable. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ocean views are best, but all are great.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdman64
Shemali S, Manager at Anilana Nilaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Anilana Nilaveli for your vacation; we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our sister hotels.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I started my unforgettable journey early in the morning because I had to hurry to Kazan airport, where my trip was begun. There was a long road ahead. Total time from the exit from my apartment in Almetyevsk up to the entrance of a magnificent hotel in Sri Lanka (with the great hotel name Anilana Nilaveli) was about 28 hours. Despite being exhausted from a long trip I was enraptured by what I saw: a very cozy room in the lobby, comfortable arranged elevators and passageway. I was placed at 108 room - I need to note that the room is very large, spacious and also cozy, nothing superfluous - all for 5 stars, very worthy! I can continue to describe all the magnificent features of the architecture and infrastructure of the hotel but I do not have enough epithets to describe this beauty!
But the main feature of the hotel is not this, no! At the hotel work professionals, the most sensitive and caring workers, from the cleaner to the general manager! In Anilana Nilaveli I found my second home, it was like a small homeland! I fell in love with this place! And yes, I found real friends here! That the reader does not become bored I’m finishing my review, but I should say thank you to some workers who will forever remain with me in my heart.
First of all, from the bottom of my heart I thank Dinushan Vimukthi, Hasitha Roshan Wijenayake, Rajeewa Kumara, Tharusha and Lakmal Wijerathne and of course the manager of Martin Roy and the general manager! Many thanks to you, I wish you success at your work, happiness and wealth and health to your relatives and friends! I would be happy if the management of the hotel noted the high professionalism of these workers !!! I wish the hotel prosperity and I want to return to you again soon! I do not have enough words to express my thanks to you! Thank you so much!
With love and gratitude Alexey Derevyankin...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank deralexfreedom

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback concerning Anilana Nilaveli. We were delighted to receive your review and have passed this onto our team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This is just like the anilana in pasikuda.Pool and everything is the same design. Rooms are great with the sea view. You get to wake up in the morning to that view. Food was okay. Service was okay as well. Definitely coming back

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DonGamage
Shemali S, Manager at Anilana Nilaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018