Hotels.com
All reviews cricket ground pitch view cricket fan cafe nero balcony overlooking tram stop old trafford county cricket cricket match great hotel free parking walk in shower good size city centre comfortable bed minute walk stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2023

Booked this stay to cover a medical need. I booked 2 rooms and paid during the booking process. I included my guest name, but this failed to make it on to my booking. I contacted the hotel to correct it. This then put my guest name as the main name of the booking. I also enquired if there was anywhere for smokers to smoke at the hotel only to be told no, only out on the street. When we arrived at the hotel they had tables near the main entrance doors with ash trays on them. During checkin I was asked to pay by card with their chip and pin machine. I couldn’t reach the buttons with my fingers. My guest had to do it for me. My guest used my WC and said it wasn’t as clean as it should be. When my guests room was ready I was asked to pay again only this time I said no I paid on booking and already struggled with their chip and pin machine when I checked in for my room. My guests room was very nice but my guest couldn’t open his balcony door. Reception staff helped with that and we soon got it open. I struggled in the breakfast restaurant as everything was all self service and I use a walking frame. For general able bodied guests it shouldn’t be a problem. I also found the route between the lift and breakfast restaurant difficult to access with my walking frame with them having so many doors.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Emirates Old Trafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Thanks for taking the time to post a lovely review online! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2023

Huge queue when we arrived. 15 minute wait to see someone. Online checkin wasn’t working. Room wasn’t ready despite it being after 5. Deposit had to be taken from my card “incase anything went missing”. The room was supposed to be a king room. The bed was small and the walls were paper thin. You could actually hear someone going to the toilet door.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online. The £50 preauthorisation for all bedrooms is taken to allow guests to charge any incidentals should the need arise such as drinks or breakfast. This is a hold amount and if not used is released back in a few working days.

All our bedrooms are UK king size beds.

Reviewed 27 November 2023

Our stay at the hotel was a mixed bag of experiences. The convenient car parking and beautiful room with a view of the cricket ground were definite highlights. However, the one-way system due to ongoing building work made parking a bit challenging and caused confusion among drivers.

The check-in process was marred by a deaf convention, leading to a longer wait in the cold as only three employees handled the crowd. Despite the lovely room, our overall impression was affected by this initial inconvenience.

Regrettably, as we left, we encountered shattered glass in the car park. Despite our efforts to avoid it, a glass panel punctured our tire, resulting in an unplanned pit stop at multiple service stations during our journey home.

In summary, while the hotel offered pleasing accommodations and parking, the check-in experience and the issue with the glass in the car park left us with mixed feelings about our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissJShhh

Thanks for taking the time to post your views online.

Reviewed 26 November 2023

I don’t return here because I have to, but because I want to. This hotel exceeds the standards required for a business and leisure stay. The rooms are super clean, modern and smart and very comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for the Hilton Garden Inn team.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 25 November 2023 via mobile

I chose to stay here as we were visiting Manchester specifically for the Xmas markets and all the hotels in the centre were ridiculously priced.The hotel has everything right about it,from the moment you check in to when you leave due to the exceptional customer service.Ample parking spaces within the boundary of the gated stadium was great,check in very smooth and we were very grateful for the complimentary upgrade to a pitch side view room as we both love cricket.Breakfast was yummy,something for everyone and my partner really enjoyed the “Taylor of Harrogate” tea.We have now found a new go to hotel when visiting Manchester which will be next year for the cricket internationals.Howzat!

Room tip: Ring in advance to find out access gate number to car park.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple