Lowest prices for your stay
RM 567
RM 569
Get rewarded with One Key
travelup.com
RM 299
Tim P
Gainsborough, United Kingdom

Beautiful place but the shower is lame!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Apr 2024via mobile
This is one of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed in for some time and I usually do 2/3 per week.
The room is bright, clean and modern with a luxury feel about it. Plenty of plug socket outlets most of which have USB sockets, and a very efficient Smeg fridge in the room too.
The bed is seriously comfy and I would steal the pillows if I could get them in my case 😂
I got a room overlooking the cricket pitch and despite the fact that there was nothing happening out there during my stay, it still made pleasant viewing from the room’s balcony.
There’s a safe in the room and a large HD tv with a remote control that works.
The bathroom is very modern and bright with a large shower cubicle.
My only annoyance (and my reason for not giving five stars) is the shower itself. It looks the business and has the usual two controls. One for the flow, one for the temperature, which are placed where you can turn it on without getting an arm soaked before you’re ready.
However, it seems the hotel has been infiltrated by the nanny state who worry and believe that people are incapable of selecting their own preferred shower temperature without boiling themselves alive.
Hence the maximum temperature you can achieve here appears to be “lukewarm” and not even hot enough to steam up the bathroom mirror.
That was a big disappointment for me because after a long day at work followed by a long drive to get here, I like to have a steaming hot shower at the temperature I choose, rather than someone else choosing the maximum I’m allowed to have.
Overall though a fab place and would definitely come back during summer months when I don’t like my shower so hot!
Good value when I booked too and cheaper than many of the Premier Inns where I’ve been lately.
Final point is that the staff I dealt with at reception, and in the restaurant, were all spot on, polite and friendly ……. without doing the sickly over the top routine. I can’t stand that, so they deserve credit for getting the right level between good customer service and grovelling! Thank you 🤩
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 3 weeks ago
Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay!
Priceline
    PremierInn.com
    • Trip.com
    4.8 km from Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford
    View more hotels in Stretford
    All reviews cricket ground pitch view cricket fan cafe nero balcony overlooking tram stop old trafford county cricket cricket match great hotel free parking walk in shower good size city centre comfortable bed minute walk stayed one night
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 3 April 2024 via mobile

Ian (Junior) very informative, friendly and made a great experience for my daughter whilst checking in.
    As a Diamond member I’m impressed by his level of customer service and exceeding my expectations.
    A great example of excellence in execution.
    Many thanks
    Isaac & Alayna

Date of stay: April 2024
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Hilton Garden Inn Emirates Old Trafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to post a wonderful review online. I am delighted to read that Ian Jr made such an impact on your stay and will be sure to pass on your comments.

Reviewed 1 April 2024 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for Manchester City centre and the Trafford Centre.

Parking is free in Car Park 1. This isn’t made clear online so worth noting before you arrive.

We stayed 3 nights and unfortunately the hotel has allowed large groups of teenagers to stay which caused a lot of disturbance running through the corridors, shouting. We understand it was 2 large football teams but this shouldn’t be permitted at the expense of all other guests experience. We were woken up and disturbed numerous times at all hours, we called reception on a few occasions to request someone to visit our floor to resolve the issues.

Cleanliness was another issue, despite the hotel being quite new the rooms were dirty with stains.

In our opinion, it doesn’t meet the brand standards and we won’t stay again.

Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online.

Reviewed 1 April 2024

Naty and Iann riky was the best they make me smile and laugh every day and night when they were working they l got a picture with marina she was so kind and don't get me started on the room's
    Lots of things to do there

Thanks for my lovely stay
    Connlaoth mc kay ,

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the great review online!

Reviewed 1 April 2024

This was the best hotel the workers where excellent and the best one was Matt because she was very kind and helpful and was fun because she was joking around and just having fun with us and also the rooms were brilliant and even the breakfast was unbelievable and also Rick was funny and kind aswell

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review online!

Reviewed 1 April 2024

Would never stay here again even if you paid me - there was damp/mould/dirt on the inside of the curtains, we woke up feeling stuffy and wasn't surprised after we pulled open the curtains and saw that mess.

Complained about it via the the Hilton website and never heard anything back. Fortunately, forgot about this awful experience until recently when a friend said they were going to stop there, couldn't stop them sooner enough.

Date of stay: June 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to post your views online. I note this review is from a good while back. I am glad to report when you initially reported the problem it was taken care of immediately.

Kind Regards,