“Overrated”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$155.04*
and up
Manchester United Football Match at Old Trafford...
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Stretford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Old Trafford, home to Manchester United Football Club, is one of the world's most iconic football stadiums. Nicknamed the Theatre of Dreams, Old Trafford stadium has been Manchester United's home ground since 1910. Visitors can experience the clubs history and go behind the scenes with the Manchester United Museum and Stadium Tour. The award-winning Museum blends historical exhibits with interactive experiences, and covers an unrivaled depth of history. The 80 minute guided Stadium Tour allows visitors walk in the footsteps of legends, calling at the players' dressing room, before walking out of the tunnel towards the hallowed turf. Visitors can take their seat in the Managers' chair in the dugout and imagine the roar of the crowd on a match day. Additionally, visitors can have a bite to eat at the Manchester United Red Cafe. Visitors from all over the world are welcome to Old Trafford, and audio guides, souvenir guides and guided tours are available in a range of languages. We're committed to giving the same great experience to all visitors, so the tour of Old Trafford is fully accessible to wheelchair users, and the Museum has a lift to allow access to all 3 floors. Whether you're a Manchester United fan or not, a visit to Old Trafford stadium is a day to remember.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very disappointed in this place, I write not so much as a biased visiting football fan but as a person who has heard much over the years about this place and made the effort to travel from South Wales to see a match involving a Welsh team, Swansea City versus Man. Utd. at this ground. I understand that security is necessarily tight given recent public event problems and the amount of people attending however to have to undergo 3 separate body and handbag searches was a bit intimidating.and invasive. Took a lot of enjoyment away and only served to increase discomfort rather than alleviate any worries I may have had before attending. Unfortunately this is now almost unavoidable at major events. Once inside I expected to be impressed by the ground size however I found it cramped and uncomfortable as so many seats have been squeezed in to accommodate the numbers of spectators wishing to attend. Luckily I am short but people all around me were commenting on how uncomfortable they felt. I also expected a higher volume of vocal support from the spectators but the atmosphere was strangely lacking somehow. Maybe that is because ,being a global brand , they have many people attending who have no local connections to Manchester and are merely interested in just being there for the glamorous reputation of the home team. Sadly the whole experience fell way short of what I was hoping for. Wouldn’t bother to go there again.

MUFC_Museum, Manager at Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Dasminky,

I'm sorry you were disappointed in your experience of visiting Old Trafford. Please email feedback@manutd.co.uk with more details so we can look into this further.

Kind Regards

Anna

Write a ReviewReviews (5,457)
All reviews
in 100 reviews
"stretford end"
in 53 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Was amazing day out with over 75'000 there man united played amazing arrived 2 hours early were foof and drinks were half price amazing transport links to

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This tour absolutely blew me away. Never in a million years did I think they would take us into the places we went. Home Changing room, press room, directors hospitality & the dug outs. It was just amazing. Dave Taylor our guide was excellent as he guided us around the stadium. He was knowledgeable and friendly. Truly worth a visit... After the tour a visit to the museum, wow, just wow. If you’re a fan go, if you’re not you can’t help but be impressed.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My first trip to Old Trafford, and it was great. The megastore was huge and expensive:) had a guided stadium tour that was really good. Fun to see the dressing room and also to sit on the subtitutes bench.