“MISSING BRACELET”
Review of Roulla Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Platanias
Roulla Apartments
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Platanias
Reviewed 3 October 2017

See BEWARE OF THE CLEANER posted 12th August. I also had a bracelet go missing from my make up bag. Stayed at Roulla 5th Sept for one week. Very upset will NEVER stay there again.
Skiathos is a lovely island with beautiful beaches,restaurants, and mostly friendly people, so don't be put off of going.

Room Tip: Watch the cleaners and make sure you use the safe(payable locally)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Returned from a week in Skiathos 15th-22nd September 2017
This is a lovely small island, just the one town and one main road leading to the west of the island. We stayed at Roulla Apartments, basic Greece, these apartments are in a realy good position and we had one room with twin beds, a very small kitchenette and a toilet come wet room with a shower. All very clean and comfortable. There is a lovely bar, a pool which is deep and not really suitable to very young children, onsite supermarket and onsite pizza restaurant. The doors and windows to the bar are closed about 11pm so no noise for the surrounding apartments.
These apartments are set in the village of Platanias , bus stop 16. This little village has 2 supermarkets a number of tavernas and its just a one minute walk to the beach. This beach is clean golden sand, crystal clear water, a beach bar, and water activity centre. Sun beds cost 8 euro for two including an umberella.
The tavernas are set out along the road but also some are hidden down dirt track lanes and all the food that we ate was delicious. I am Coeliac, (need gluten free food) and although most of the tavernas didn't understand they tried really hard. I was never ill and Platanias Taverna in particular offered me gluten free bread - Yippee thank you. We ate in town a couple of times but did have a bad meal one evening so my advice - eat where it is busy.
We did the Mama Mia magic tour to Skopelos, booked with the Olympic rep Saira who didn't tell us that you would have to pay extra once on the boat for the coach trip if you wanted to see the church from the film. Only took enough money for lunch so didn't get to see the church. I was disappointed with the beaches they were shingle, pebbles and shelving, but the weather was good, the sea was calm and the Abba music played and played for 5 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!! an enjoyable tour.
Skiathos town is beautiful by day and by night. the people are friendly and it is very humbling to see the people take plastic cartons to the water tap in the main street ( and others around the town). Taking the bus up and down the main road to and from bus stop 26 is an experience at busy times. It is ram cram full - I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Room Tip: Room 18 is good and also very popular
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Location was bus stop 16 , had to catch bus into skiathos town every evening, very busy on the buses but well worth getting to skiathos town,
Studio was lovely and clean, only problem we had was the double bed, it was tiny, so had to go top to toe.
Didn't see any staff on arrival, also staff in supermarket were miserable. Young girl in the bar was lovely.
Lovely pizza restaurant next door with great food, food and drinks very dear.

Room Tip: Bungalows have the tiny double bed
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Just arrived home after a weeks stay at the Roulla apartments although quite basic it had been recently decorated with new bedding and curtains we found the staff to be very welcoming especially the barman and maid. On arriving we had been allocated a 2nd floor apartment which wasn't suitable for our needs but were moved to a ground floor without any hassle. The super market is expensive and the staff in there are miserable. The pool was very clean and the sunbeds were comfortable. Well worth a visit to Skiathos town lots of good eating places. A boat trip is a must. We ate at the Platanias Taverna and bar which is next to the apartments serves fantastic food and the waiters really make you feel special free drinks and coffee well worth a visit. The beach is very good and just 5 minute walk from the apartments

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eunice O
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Myself, husband and daughter stayed here earlier this month and although skiathos itself is absolutely amazing, roulla apartments are not. The pool was dirty all week and most of the staff including the shop workers were rude and ignorant, throwing filthy looks and being blunt despite us spending lots of money there and to be there. My bed sheet had a rip in it and two brown stains, which stayed on the sheet all week, proving they had not been changed and forcing me to sleep with my daughter because it was disgusting. Some of my jewellery kept being moved around our room unnecessarily. So I then had to ensure I kept it with me at all times. Some of my daughters makeup went "missing" and the young cleaner seemed to know nothing about it. Be wary of the cleaners as another guest told me that their sons hand held game device also went "missing" and they also suspected the cleaner. Not happy at all and will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fantis643
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platanias
0.2 km away
0.5 km away
Ariadni House Hotel
Ariadni House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Platanias

Been to Roulla Apartments? Share your experiences!