“Nice terrace, good wives and average food”

Restaurace Hotel Vinice-Hnanice
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hnanice
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Nice terrace and view of vineyards and national park. Number of relatively good vines for reasonable price. I am disappointed of food. Poor staff. I suggest them to smile and practice languages.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We keep coming every week for more.
Incredible but true: For 5 € you do indeed get a home-made 3 course menu.
Plus a linen napkin and pleasantly efficient service.

I recommend the beer, but you can have locally produced (own winery) wine.
Getting better and better with the global warming (more sugar in the local grapes).

Last Friday, we had cabbage soup with sausages and then grilled fish and a sorbet creation as a dessert (see picture).
14 € for two includes beer and tip.

I suppose I am making a mistake by writing this.
I can't believe it will last.

Midday menu only available on weekdays.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We have been coming back to our favourite restaurant in the Czech Republic quite a few times.
We are regular customers.
This second review is therefore the product of a number of visits.
Not the result of a one-off experience.
It was too good to last.
What a pity!
Have they recruited a new Chef?
Is there a new management?
An answer to these questions would be appreciated by this customer.
The waiting staff used to be efficient and professional.
They went about their business in a quiet, matter-of-fact way.
Now, the management seems to resort to recruiting trainees from a Hotel School.
These young students have no idea about the dishes, do not know how to deal with customers enquiries and are at a total loss.
Just watch the way they carry the trays!
As to the food, I had rabbit terrine. It was dry, overcooked and tasted rancid.
Only the squash puree was delicious.
My companion had the Chicken Breast.
It was also overcooked. It should have come on a bed of spinach, but they were out of spinach today.
The cheese cake was fine with the pastry soaked in Kirsch Eau-de-Vie.
What a disappointment!
The Czech beer was perfect.
In fact, we were here only for the beer.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The hotel and the restaurant has a beautiful view of the vineyards. We were there for a lunch. I ordered a pumpkin soup and a risotto with shrimps, the soup was delicious but the risotto was very ordinary, nothing I would order again. We had also the wiener schnitzel but it was far from those you can get in Vienna, so generally we were a little bit disappointed. We had experience with 2 waiters, 1 was really nice but the other one not so much. The general impression was mediocre maybe due to the fact that the restaurant had been stylish, and attractively furnished so the expectations were high.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Had a lunch here and can not say a bad word about it! The place itself is perfectly placed between the vineyards. The views of the terrace are unparalleled. The cuisine is perfect, all great and tasty. Was amazed by the daily menu price as it was a truly great stuff! Can only recommend this place!