“Nice pub, average food”

Add it.
The Bull of Brenchley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bull Inn is a Victorian style Public House with original building work still intact. Its newly refurbished interior has used original periodic features to offer an authentic and enjoyable, warm dining experience. We continue to build upon our history in the local area as a pub for all, by our dedication by using local produce in all areas of our menu to provide an authentic Kentish experience. Our rooms are in the process of being refurbished, and look to take bookings in the spring of 2013.
Reviewed 6 March 2015

I've had lunch a few times at the Bull now. The pub is very much a pub with food, rather than a 'gastro pub', but offers a comprehensive lunch menu at a reasonable price.

The quality of the food is average compared to modern pub standards in the area, but if you are looking for a quick bite to eat, it will do the job nicely. It's not somewhere I would go for an evening meal though.

1  Thank Owl261316

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for work last week and was quite impressed with the rooms.
They have been refurbished and are modern and comfy.

We went downstairs for food as this was the only place in the village for food. The menu looked good, advertised as home cooked food!
I opted for Lincolnshire sausages, mash, veg and gravy and my colleague had lasagna.

I arrived in under 10 minutes which is worrying as it takes longer than that to boil and mags potatoes! My food had a weird re heated taste. I ate about 3 mouthfuls and left the rest. Kelly's lasagna was dry and just tasted of strong cheese.
The young girl didn't seem to notice we'd pretty much left our whole dinner!
Very very disappointed.

3  Thank NCCB
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Called in late one lunch time in May looking for something to eat. Chose the Ham Egg & Chips and was very impressed. Two large, perfectly fried eggs beautiful cooked ham and great chips. Very good value and really tasty! Too many times when you order this meal elsewhere, you are presented with small eggs and a disappointing ham and not so good chips. Not here!! Highly recommended for anyone in the area at meal times.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the Bull for two nights - Friday and Saturday. Very welcoming staff, had great fun! Lovely room, very comfortable bed and superb breakfast!
Thank you to the owners and staff especially Antonia for making me feel so welcome. I will be back!
Ross
07432 122 931

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This pub keeps changing hands. We hoped the two families last year would make a go of it. They changed the decor and had a good menu. Recently on a Friday finding three local pubs heaving, we tried the Bull knowing it had yet again new management. It was very quiet hardly anyone eating and we found out why. A special steak bake beans and chips ! Said it all. I opted for scampi tails peas and chips, all obviously cooked from frozen and they were more scampi nuggets no tails in sight. The desserts were not home made. Food hot and staff pleasant. But they need to change their menu to suit the locale or yet another team will go to the wall. There is simply too much good competition in the surrounding villages. Pity.

1  Thank Tricia B