“HELP! THE Biggest dump i've ever stayed in.....”
Review of The Maltings Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairneyhill
The Maltings Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Cairneyhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Well yes its cheap and yes you get what you pay for but this place needs knocking down and starting again. Rooms DIRTY, xpelair in bathroom didnt work (well its couldnt when its FULL of dirt) bathroom was carpeted thus we kept our shoes on because the bathroom smelt damp musty. The loo didnt flush properly I had to keep filling the system tank with the shower head, the room was filthy and I mean filthy we found a clump of hair 3 inches across on the floor which had never been hovered. In the morning we had a problem (no not typhoid!) and needed to speak with the staff this would have been about 9.10am NO One in the building so we phoned the telephone number YES we could hear it ringing but as we expected no one answered it (so I suppose this makes it a motel of hostel) the room was so bad we wanted to check out but as it was late at night we were concerned we may not find anywhere to stay. the bar food was NAF breakfast sat next to a fruit machine in the bar yet there was a dinning room in the back not been used, my partner didn't like the bad language in the bar but to be fair that's life when guys are having a few beers BUT when you have a sign at the hotel reception saying 'all guests must book in at the bar' so we carried all our luggage to the bar to be told by the bar maid oh follow me to the reception, yer thanks for the work out.... Sorry folks don't do as we did and ignore the bad feed back this place has tried very hard to be a dump and its achieved its goal.....

Room Tip: park your caravan in the car park and STAY in it!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank David S

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Such a shame! Could be a great place. Good bar food but experience was totally spoiled by men swearing loudly at the bar and pool table. I understand that guys out for a pint after work can be like this, but when I am out for a nice bar supper, I don't expect this. Perhaps I should just cut my losses & go to The Adamson in Crossford - a totally different experience.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Atamou
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Had a really lovely time at The Maltings. The owners & staff were very welcoming and attentive. The evening meal and breakfast were delicious. I had a single en-suite room, it was clean and comfortable. I would recommend The Maltings, it's great value .

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Popped in for a chat with a friend who was on sick leave. We had a bar lunch. I had black pudding and haggis burger and my budi had chicken with a pessto sauce. Food was delicious and great portion size . Bar was well stocked as we'll although I was driving. Defo go bac. .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I was in Scotland for the British touring car championships at Knockhill for the weekend we stayed at the Maltings on Saturday night . We recived a very warm welcome very helpful and frendly staff I would go back and stay there again if i go to Knockhill again the food was grea,t the room was fine no issues at all .Overall a great place to stay .

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 146Richard

Been to The Maltings Hotel? Share your experiences!