“The perfect way to celebrate”
Review of Lanterne Rooms

Lanterne Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1,388 Restaurants in Canberra
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“The perfect way to celebrate”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

As a family we celebrated my wife's 40th birthday here. The food, as always, was delicious, interesting, and cooked perfectly. The kids were well looked after and welcomed. We will be back.

2 Thank TheEloquentOne

Canberra
“one of my fav restaurants in Canberra”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I just love this place, especially going in a group for lunch and ordering the banquet. My favourites are the duck spring rolls and the chicken. The staff are very attentive and the service is always fantastic. Its a little bit pricey, but so worth it.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank CharlieHerb
Melbourne
“Yum!!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Whilst a bit more expensive than other restaurants, this place is worth every penny! The interior is really well set up, service is always very attentive (although both times I have been, the same waiter kept pushing us to order more and more and spend more money which annoyed me!). Food is excellent!!!! Absolutely love it! If you're a foodie, go here and you won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank saraht1987
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not my thing”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Everyone raves about this place but teh food for me has always been average - just too try hard. I am not into Okra and pig belly and fatty duck which is what has been served when I have been there for a banquet with friends. I am sure if choosing off the full menu it would be better but I am not inspired to go back.

Canberra
“The staff's uniforms set the tone!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went there for our wedding anniversary and we were treated like celebrities. Yes it did help that we knew the maitre de but I'm sure anyone would have received the same service. As it was a special night we had the degustation which gives you an overview of many of the south east asian infused dishes on offer. We were allowed to change some of the dishes to suit our palate which was an extra bonus. The ambience of the place is as their story states a" reminisent of a Malaysian Kampong" and the decor, staff's uniforms and quality of service is fantastic.

• Visited December 2011