QT Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$114
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$127
  • Pool
Canberra City YHA(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Free Internet
University House(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$80
Burbury Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$117
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Parklands Hotel & Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$960
US$932
  • Breakfast included
1,180 results
All reviewsparliament housepriority guestfree wifibuffet breakfastmanuka shopstwo double bedsindoor poolfull buffetnational galleryspa bathhotel restaurantundercover parkingrooms are largeshort drivequestaconexhibitionaustralia
Reviewed 1 April 2018

There is nothing spectacular about it but the hotel is just very pleasant. The lobby is bright and open, staff was naturally kind and service minded throughout and I was provided with an exceptional room. The environment is quite calm. I was never disturbed by any noice. The location is very central with the parliament house within view. I can only identify two things to complain about: no cheese for breakfast and a WiFi connection on the slow side.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
K_Tomas, Director of Sales at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Uncsten,

Thank you so much for your positive review from your recent stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you visit Canberra.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This visit to Rydges has been a disaster from start to finish. Firstly the manager refused to honour a publicly advertised deal because they already had enough bookings and didn’t need to ofer the deal any longer. I reluctantly kept the booking for a suite and when we arrived today on what is a very hot today the air conditioner had not been turned on and the room was oppressively hot. But worse was to come. The air conditioner in the lounge area wasn’t working and can’t be fixed over the weekend and the room is unusable. We have been offered a discount based on the rack rate for a cheaper room so the discount is small. After many years of returning to Rydges in Canberra a couple of times a year, it is time to start looking for an alternative. As a loyalty club member I feel I have been treated with distain. Not good enough.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioning is working before unpacking.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
K_Tomas, Front Office Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Jimrich54,

I was very disappointed to read that you did not have a great experience on your recent stay with us. In regards to the room rate, I would like to know more about this as any rates that have been booked and you have the confirmation for are honoured when you arrive at the hotel. Should you have seen a rate listed elsewhere and were wanting this rate, it may have been that the rate for the particular dates that you were staying were not available. Please contact us directly on reservations_rydgescapitalhil@evt.com to provide more detail regarding your comments so that we can investigate further.

If there is a maintenance issue in a room that is unable to be resolved immediately we do offer guests the option to change rooms and on occasion we offer a small discount for any inconvenience, this I understand was offered to you.

I am sorry that you felt like you were treated with distain, I am sure that this was not the intention but as I mentioned, if you could please contact us directly with your booking name and what you were referring to when you mentioned "publicly advertised deal" so that we can look into this further.

Georgina Dennett
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

After flying across the world and getting to the hotel very early we requested an early check in. The hotel more than obliged. Our room was lovely, the twin beds are queens and very comfy. Only negative about the room is the shower screen, it's not big enough to stop water going all over the floor.
The best thing about this hotel is the buffet breakfast, it was our best hotel breakfast in Australia by far. Every sort of cooked egg was there, bacon, beans, hash browns etc. Also cereal, toast, waffles, crumpets and pastries.
Would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear VolvoCowgirl,

I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check in and that you enjoyed the breakfast offering at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Canberra.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was our first experience with Rydges and were very happy with it. The foyer is large and welcoming, staff happy to help with our questions. This hotel is in easy walking distance to shops and restaurants in Manuka, so if you aren’t into eating at the hotel, you have choices outside. The pool and spa are worth using, but even though they say they are heated, they aren’t really that hot. Our room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. When in Canberra again we will be staying here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
K_Tomas, Director of Sales at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear c0lleen58,

Thank you very much for your review from your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to read that you found the staff helpful and the hotel welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in your next visit to Canberra.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I checked in only to be told that they had a large group and I had been bumped to another hotel. ( I had booked weeks before )I indicated that I had a confirmed booking. Completely disinterested. The reception lady just kept blurting that it was an unexpected big booking and I had been bumped. When I advised that I was actually working in the hotel for two days she went to see her supervisor and said I was in and they would bump someone else. This is grubby behaviour and you can forget about this hotel honouring a confirmed booking. The room is very 3 star. Individual staff members are lovely but at the end of the day you can’t have any confidence that your booking will be respected.
Go elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter P
K_Tomas, Front Office Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Peter,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. It is unfortunate that on occasion the hotel does have to relocate guests to alternative accommodation. On this particular occasion, the staff were not aware that you were attending a conference in the hotel and once you advised them of this they ensured that a room was available for you.

Georgina Dennett