Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra
US$69
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Pool
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$146
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$92
CrownePlaza.com
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$80
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Parklands Hotel & Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$103
Premier Hotel & Apartment(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$111
Agoda.com
Diplomat Boutique Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
All reviewsmajor refurbexpress breakfastsmall deskwifi is freemain roadcleaning staffhandy locationqueen bedshopping centrewar memorialkitchenettebraddonacparliamentmirrortoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Desperately needs an update as the place is incredibly tired and dated. Having said that, my bed was comfortable, the rooms quiet and the service friendly...so it hit the spot. It also has a restaurant on site for late arrivals or those that don't like to venture too far.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon H
Isabel H, Public Relations Manager at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Simon H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, comfortable bed and our friendly staff. You may be interested to know that our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment.

We appreciate your honest feedback and hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Isabel Hampshaw - Public Relations Manager.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a budget hotel opened in 1985 and is clean, tidy and with good staff. However if you are looking for modern decor you would be disappointed. We were not as we only wanted a clean room and a good bed which we received at a price too good to turn down. Furthermore parking and closeness to ex ellent restaurants etc make up for the age factor

Room Tip: We had a first floor with no issues
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi 505crowie,

Thank you very much for writing a review following your stay at our hotel last month.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean room as well as our friendly staff and competitive, value for money pricing.

We hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Canberra.

Isabel Hampshaw - Public Relations Manger

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I stayed two nights at the above Hotel. Parking is undercover at street level under hotel spaces are first come first served. Reception were friendly and efficient. The room is very dated The kitchen hot plate showing wear and tear . The tap was "Just" turning off (wear issue) The bathroom -pink tiles and older fittings with bath including shower (stand in bath) The room presented clean and orderly Notable point was the inclusive movie channels and sports along with local tv all good standard on flat screen tv. No adjoining room noise during night but some road noise until about 10. Note the light rail is being built outside but noise from this is very low and only during day. Lighting in room was low and I would have liked a brighter room. Air con - individual is also supplied. Overall a dated motel and a cost effective stay in Canberra - " you get what you pay for" Wi fi is free and very good

Room Tip: don't get a street facing room ask for south side no view but no noise
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Hi David L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your honest feedback.

All of our staff work really hard to provide the best service to all of our guests, so we are pleased to hear you found our reception staff friendly and efficient.
You may be interested to know that our hotel is currently undergoing a massive refurbishment which will see all parts of the hotel receiving a much needed upgrade.

We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The reception staff were absolutely wonderful and worth there weight in gold the service provided was perfect

I stayed in a spa room 229 the room it self was large but very dark and outdated for the price
Lighting was dim and needs to be refurbished tv is old and outdated Foxtel isn’t really watchable as they squished on the screen

Cleanliness of the room itself was ok but looked like it was rushed as the dirty linen was thrown in the cupboard

The biggest issue I had was the spa was disgusting when I started it green flakes of mold or algae instantly came out of the jets
Sadly I was in the bath with it at the time
Called reception and they couldn’t put me in another room as they were fully booked but maintained the room has been serviced.

Not able to do anything I had to try and clean the thing my self flushing it 5 times and every time green stuff still coming out of the jets

In the end they provided breakfast and gave me a 25% discount but I won’t be recommending or staying there again
In short from what I can see the place has been run down for some time and promises a refurb is coming

Photos of the stuff found in the bath

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank timmyd1978

Hi Timmyd1978,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at our property.

I am so pleased to hear that you found our reception staff absolutely wonderful. All of our staff work really hard to provide the best customer service to all of our guests. I can confirm that our hotel is currently undergoing the massive refurbishment, beginning with the rooms.

Please be reassured that every effort has been made to investigate and rectify your concerns.

We appreciate your feed back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a budget motel that is incredibly tired (straight out of the 80's). I don't think this motel has received any attention since it was built 40 years ago, I am sure the bathrooms, beds and carpets were original fittings. While I am happy for decor to be dated as motel renovations do take significant financial commitment this motel has been let go. Our sink had a huge crack right through the middle, there were no fans in the bathrooms so a stale smell greets you when the room gets shut up. The mould in the shower was waist high almost all the way around.

I don't think the beds have been replaced since originally installed, it felt like ours had wire threaded around the outer rim to keep it together but his did nothing for the support, my husband slept on the lounge because there was no way we could sleep two in the bed without both ending up collapsed in the middle of the bed. While on the map the location is good, do not expect a quiet night, it seriously sounded like summernats was happening outside the whole night and started again the next morning at 6am.

When we got home from a day out we found our door propped open we were left checking our things and wondering how long the room had been insecure, since the cleaners went through no doubt.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally M

Hi Sally M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay last month.

We appreciate your honest feedback as it allows us to identify and investigate areas of the hotel that may require improving. Please be assured, should you have contacted reception while you were still in house, they would've been quick to attend to your concerns.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.