“We won’t be back.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went in on Easter Sunday, the place was busy (but so was every other restaurants along the strip). Service was distracted but they tried so all good so far, until I found long strand of hair in my pasta. Pointed this out to the waiter, no apology offered but they can replace the meal if I want to, which I initially accepted (I was very hungry), then changed my mind (thinking they probably will just pull hair out and re-plate) to cancel the dish altogether. They said ok no problem. Still not one word of ‘sorry you found long hair in your meal’. Pointed this lack of apology to manager who refused eye contact during our conversation, so another strike. We asked for the bill 3 times before one was brought to us still with the dish with hair included in the bill. So got a bit annoyed, waited another 5 min and finally got a new bill with dish taken out and 25% discount. Well it is what it was, maybe there was a reason why the business got into troubles recently. For what it’s worth we won’t be back (to the Canberra or Sydney restaurant).

1  Thank Olivia S
JI C, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Olivia
We're so sorry to hear of your appalling service on Sunday.
I would really like to hear more about your night , please email me at billy.kelly@jamiesitalian.com.au with a good time for me to call you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Dinner at Jamie's in Canberra this evening was a bit of a disappointment. After waiting close to an hour for our meals, the Italian nachos were not what was expected and went largely untouched. In fact they not nachos at all. The menu could have explained this. We ordered some funky chips so at least one of our part had something to eat. These were soggy and undercooked and just made things worse. Two other meals were nice and a third had pasta that was a little undercooked but otherwise good. Service was only okay. Overall a bit disappointing

1  Thank infulife

Hello,
I'd like to extend my apologies on behalf of the team for your poor experience on Saturday.
I would appreciate hearing more about your service if you would like to email me at billy.kelly@jamiesitalian.com.au quoting your TripAdvisor name and a good time to be contacted.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff and good service but the meal was atrocious. Half the ingredients left out from the description of the dish. Will try again as the complaint was handled very well.

Hi Adele!
I'd love to talk to you more about your visit to us on Wednesday, please feel free to email me at billy.kelly@jamiesitalian.com.au quoting your TripAdvisor name and a good time for me to contact you!
This feedback is valued and we thankyou for taking the time to leave a review!
Thanks!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Food good, service excellent, planked food was excellent, Italian food very good - great desserts - coffee excellenterests also interesting

Thanks Linda for the great review!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I love visiting Italian Restaurant and eat Italian foods. They are so tasty but this restaurant is dreadful. Service was the worst we had encountered. Staff are eating at the bar!
No knowledge in taking orders!!!!
We will not be back again!

Hello!
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.
I'm sorry to read of your terrible experience here on Tuesday! I would really like to hear a bit more about your night, please if you can email me at billy.kelly@jamiesitalian.com.au quoting your TripAdvisor name and a good time for me to give you a call!