“My birthday”

The Ginger Room
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I loved our meal at the Ginger Room. We were a party of 8 and everyone was extremely happy with their meals. Food was beautiful, creative, seasonal and tasty. Looking forward to returning

Reviewed 12 May 2013

An excellent take on Modern Australia. The best asparagus that I've ever eaten and the inventive five spice canoli with goat cheese was tasty. The only downside was they don't leave the wine bottle on your table, but bring it over to fill your glasses. They weren't very attentive to this, so we had finished dessert and still had wine left.

1  Thank Tanya W
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and I ate one of the best meals we've had since arriving in Canberra when we partook of the Valentine's Day fixed menu at the Ginger Room. Every course was delicious, the service was more than adequate and we were able to enjoy our own space and conversation without feeling like we were intruding or being intruded on by any of the other tables. Used our entertainment book voucher so the overall cost was pretty reasonable as well. Based on our experience I would definitely recommend a meal here.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We received a gift card from our daughter to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary at the Ginger Room. There were 4 of us and we had a great time. The restaurant was only half full and the tables were well spread out so you had plenty of room and were able to hear each other speak. The waiting staff were all friendly and very helpful. We were served complimentary bread rolls and canapes before the meal, a nice touch. The menu is a little confusing at first but the waiter explained that all the choices on the 3 course set menu were of equal size so it wasn't a matter of choosing entree, mains etc. I had the coconut prawn as my first course. They were huge prawns and absolutely delicious. For second course I had the duck, which was a little too pink for my liking, but nevertheless delicious. For dessert I had the chocolate bavararios (?), to die for. We were all very pleased with our meal choices and had a wonderful evening and certainly will go back for another meal soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Loved the food and romance, yes the romance was fantastic. this is a place you can taklk to your love one without having to whisper with a glass of champagne on toe