“A great place for brunch”
Review of Space Kitchen

Space Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 85 Quick Bites in Canberra
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Went here with a family of 10.

This is one of our favorite brunch places. The food is always yummy and a little different and the cakes are amazing.

One down side was that I had the omelette and it was very bland. Everyone else's food was delicious.

Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Only the occasional visitor to Canberra but this restaurant is within the Department of Health precinct in Woden and is popular and justifiably so. Order at the counter and served at your table, the service is prompt and polite. The choice of menu is extensive and I had the chicken salad. Well prepared and displayed. A little 'hot' on the taste buds for me but would suit others fully. Certainly I drank the water provided on the table. The coffees were great. Although an occasional for me it is obviously popular with the office dwellers in the neighbouring buildings

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Breakfast: The Space Kitchen is an order-at-the-counter restaurant. I had Bircher Muesli: "Bircher muesli, green apple, blood orange poached pear, mandarin and coconut gel with toasted granola.' I thought it was okay but nothing special. I didn't like the granola placed on top of the bircher muesli - it was like having crunchy bircher muesli, which is not the way bircher muesli should be served. Also, my dish had strawberries on it, which the menu didn't list, but didn't have any apple on the dish, which the menu did list. There wasn't enough flavour in the dish. The other person had an omelette. He said his breakfast was okay but again, nothing special. There was too much greenery on the plate. I don't know what sort of cheese was on the omelette but the smell of it almost knocked me off my chair! The other odd thing was, after we had ordered and the wait person came to the table with the cutlery etc, she asked if both people were going to have a meal before she would put the cutlery on the table. To sum up: my breakfast lacked flavour, was okay but nothing special.
Lunch: I had barramundi and chips. The meal didn't look appetising. There were two pieces of fish with the rest of the plate filled with chips except for a small amount of pea puree on once side and a tiny amount of tartare sauce that completed the dish. I don't know what sort of fish it was but it certainly wasn't barramundi. The fish was exactly the same as fish at a local fish and chip shop. Hidden under the large chips were small pieces of chips that were too overcooked to be eaten. The food, for the cost, was overpriced. I had orange, pear and pineapple juice to drink. Although it was nice there was a reasonable amount of ice in the glass, making the cost of the drink on the high side. Considering that the restaurant doesn't open for dinner, I expected the selection of breakfast and lunch meals to be more extensive.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

A little bit noisy, but the place was very busy with a large crowd. The menu offered a very wide selection of food. The food was tasty and of good quality and quantity. The service was as fast as you could expect on a busy day. All in all, a good experience and we will certainly return.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

The hotcakes were great, tasty and well presented, including the upside down icecream cone presented like a clown hat. The poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and pulled port - presented like a paddle pop - finished in a deep fryer - was unmatchable!
The fresh chai on cows milk (they advertised soy milk not cows) was perhaps the best chai I have had. But the luke warm coffee marred an otherwise brilliant breakkie!

Date of visit: April 2018