“Ribeye on vernon”
Review of Ribeye On Vernon

Ribeye On Vernon
Ranked #97 of 229 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: US$17 - US$31
Description: Our team of Chefs at C.ex Coffs have added their flair to American BBQ style cuisine using premium cuts of beef, pork, lamb and chicken and accompanied them with dry rubs, sauces and sides for your dining pleasure.
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Provider of American influenced Steaks and chicken. Some options for vegetarians. The first thing I noticed on entering was how friendly an
d engaging the staff were. Nothing was too much trouble. The dining area was spacious and had a pleasant ambience with light music to soothe. After such a pleasant start I had high expectations for the meal. I went for a starter of chicken wings to be followed by a New Yorker steak and my wife ordered some garlic bread with a trio of sliders. The spicy chicken wings were an absolute delight, tender and flavourful without being over the top. The garlic bread arrived at the same time and the bread slices (in a mini loaf shape) were subtly infused with garlic. Delicious so far! On to the mains accompanied by the house fries. The fries were as near to perfection as one could want. Thick cut perfectly cooked and hot. The New Yorker steak was tender and generously spiced and weighed in at a substantial 330gms. My wife was extremely happy with her sliders although the brisket with caramelised onions one was a little strong on flavour for her. Desserts were not an option due to the very generous serving sizes of the starters and mains. All in all a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommended but make sure you're really hungry.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Having travelled for a couple of months in the south of the US in 2016 we didn't have high expectations as to how they would do American BBQ. The start of our visit was good but then the service just died. I saw people going to the bar to get a drink because the table service for drinks was nonexistent.
Our starters consisted of Bacon Jam and Chicken Wings. We were shorted one wing - supposed to be six and we got five. They were nice but there was no way they were slow cooked.

I had the Signature 380g ribeye and it was very good, despite being medium and not medium rare. The chipotle BBQ sauce was very good.
My wife said the sticky ribs were great, but we all know they're done by steaming one way or another.

I was hoping to get some slow cooked smoked brisket and other US BBQ specialities. A restaurant we visited in Natchez had the big smoker out the back. That's the way to go, not doing it in a commercial kitchen.
Not a bad effort though.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the club venue. The actual venue is a large room upstairs at the club. The room is dressed with tablecloths, linen and nice chairs. There is low lighting and it is quite moody. The staff were professional and the service was excellent. I went with friends but it would also be a great setting for couples. The petite steak was delicious, well cooked and presented. This is restaurant quality dining.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I'm not usually one to order steak at a restaurant however whole having dinner with friends on holiday at Coffs Harbour recently, I thought I'd step outside my usual. Quite a simple menu but friendly staff were on hand to help clarify anything. Our waitress introduced herself, organised our drinks and suggested some starters nice and quickly. She suggested the Bacon Jam with bread sticks and well and truly sold it to us. It came out quickly however the jam was more like a soy sauce with bacon bits, nice nonetheless just not what we expected. Ordered mains at the same time which made things move so much quicker. I ordered the Ribeye on Vernon "signature steak" for medium rare while my partner ordered a braised lamb shoulder.
You can only choose one side with the meal and have to pay for an extra which I thought was just a way to get more money out of an already pricey meal.
When the meals came out however, they were huge. My ribeye was huge and absolutely delicious. The steamed veg I got was covered in cheese sauce which I wasn't fond of however. My partners lamb shoulder was divine, but the veg was also a let down, swimming in sauce.
For dessert I had New York cheesecake which was also superb.
It was quite pricey but for me to eat a large ribeye and even considering ordering it for dinner the next night as well, it was definitely worth it!
Overall a very delicious meal, very upmarket and fancy vibe which was nice and very friendly and capable staff.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Excellent service and the steaks perfectly cooked. Sides were a good serve however choice was limited. Friendly service and good atmosphere.