“Great night out with friends”

Banksii Vermouth Bar & Bistro
Ranked #165 of 6,630 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My wife and I had originally gone there a month before on a date night. It was so great that we then organised a group of friends for Saturday evening. You want adventure try a range of waiter suggested vermouth cocktails - that was real fun, the food beautifully done with plate sizes just right. The service was very friendly and although they have a 2 hour seating arrangement we stayed a further 2 hours chatting and drinking. Wonderful night. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Banksii quiet a few times as the focus on Vermouth is different to all the other run of the mill places around, drinks are very well priced, the location is great and there is a buzz about the place.

I’d go so far as to say it’s my favourite spot in Barangaroo and I’ve taken family, colleagues and international business partners there.

This last visit was a bit odd though. Where as every other time we’ve sat, ordered drinks, ordered more drinks, and more, then got the bill and paid (like in any normal table service venue), this time the waiter either wanted us to set up a tab or pay for each round of drinks as they were ordered.

I don’t know if they’ve had issues with people doing a runner without paying their bill, but this night I was with my wife and daughter to celebrate my 50th birthday so I’m well past the point of running anywhere.

It’s a little thing, but it made me uncomfortable and spoiled the occasion for me this time.

We went on to Cirrus, had a $800 dinner and thankfully were trusted to pay at the end.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I took my husband here for his 30th birthday. I had spent hours researching and couldn’t have made a better choice. He absolutely loved everything! The staff instantly made us feel welcome and wished my husband a happy birthday and gave him boxes of chocolates. The staff were very knowledgeable about the vermouth and share style menu. And then the food! Every option was creative, sparked our curiosity and was executed to perfection. My husband sent back many compliments to the chef. It was also good value for money - we were full and each had a couple of drinks for under $150. All of this in a beautiful restaurant on the shores of the harbour. Thank you so much to the staff and chefs of Banksii for making my husband’s birthday so special!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ate here recently with family. Very professionally run operation, and the food was very good. It is quite a large restaurant, and feels that way some times. Having said that, service was generally pretty quick, but it can be hard to get the attention of wait-staff. Not that we waited any excessive amount of time. Tried some of the Vermouths and was very impressed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely girls lunch for 6 at Banksii. Food and drinks were great and didn’t seem as expensive as other restaurants at Barangaroo. Would recommend.