“Sydney is surrounded by water, so take a cruise!”
Review of Sea Sydney Cruises - CLOSED

Sea Sydney Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Sydney Cruises are the small group cruising specialists on Sydney Harbour offering 4 hour harbour cruises for minimum 2 people maximum 12. Be engulfed by the beauty and magic of Sydney as you “Cruise like a Local” for four hours aboard Calypso, a 52-foot Motor Yacht. Cruise the foreshores of Sydney Harbour past the world famous, iconic landmarks including the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House before dropping anchor in a secluded cove, where you’ll enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch. Go for a swim, row into the beach, try your luck fishing or just relax on the expansive sunbeds soaking up the Sydney sunshine.
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We took the "Cruise like a local" lunch tour and it was wonderful. Sydney is built on the water and the only way to really get a feel for it is to cruise around the bays in a luxury yacht. We were a family of four and since it was winter, were the only ones on the boat. Private, exclusive and peaceful.

The boat was quite big and could easily accommodate 20 people. It was perfectly maintained with plenty of seating inside and out.

The food was great. Local cheeses followed by grilled salmon and prawns prepared on the boat, anchored in a quiet bay overlooking the Harbor Bridge. Doesn't get much better than that.

The guide was very knowledgeable, but what we appreciate most was his welcoming and friendly personality. Within minutes, we were chatting like we were life-long friends. I really enjoy getting to know what it is like to live in places I visit and learning from locals is my favorite way.

I highly recommend Sea Sydney. Great (luxury) boat. Great food. Great guide.

1  Thank Reisen-Ente

Reviewed 6 April 2015

My wife and I went on this cruise around Sydney Harbor. Like others we never saw any opportunity for Swimming, fishing, kayaking, but given the weather we didn't really care. There were 8 of us on the tour. The guide was very informative and we really enjoyed hearing about the history of the harbor and various points of interest. We sailed among the sail boats which was very scenic. Lunch was very enjoyable anchored off of the park and opera house. We thoroughly enjoyed this trip and recommend it as a great way to get an overview of Sydney and enjoy its spectacular harbor.

2  Thank Kenneth R
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Maybe we should have been skeptical when our so called luxury yacht was filled with 16 people (rather than the advertised 12 maximum). Or maybe we should have been skeptical when the touted swimming/fishing opportunities never materialized. In any case the company failed to deliver in just about all respects during our 4 hour lunch cruise of the Sydney Harbor area. Everything was very perfunctory and the guide and captain made us feel like they were just going through the motions (a far cry from its website claim of an "enthusiastic team".
Don't get me wrong -- the scenery was spectacular and the day beautiful so all was not lost. However, our guide was barely informative except when prodded with questions. Because of the large size of the group a number of people never heard his commentary, such that it was. We actually had good seats in the back of the boat but because of the large size everyone was crammed into too small a space. We docked for lunch in a cove that might have been nice except for the construction noise that spoiled any tranquility that might have existed. When after lunch (which actually was quite good), I finally asked about the chance to swim since we were encouraged to wear/bring swimming attire, the guide and captain said something to the effect of, "Oh, that was your chance to swim; if you'd like to take a dip we can wait another 5 minutes before leaving." And when my husband pointed to the sign on a table touting the availability of fishing, the captain remarked that that not an option. Really? Then why promote it as an option? And why not let your guests know when they will have an opportunity for swimming? The crew definitely needed better communication skills.
This was our only disappointing tour during the 18 days we were in Australia. I'd counsel others who are considering it to inquire into the size of the group and the particular crew so you get the kind of experience others have written favorably about.

3  Thank RockyMountaintravel
PipSydney, Owner at Sea Sydney Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Really sorry to hear that your experience with us was not the highlight of your trip like it is for most of our passengers. I can only apologise and point out how our tours SHOULD and normally run. Our lunch cruise departs normally with a maximum of up to 14 passengers. I believe there were 16 on the day you cruised because people had missed their tour the day before and we always try to accommodate our international guests who are in Sydney for such little time.
The vessel is 52' in length and we are in survey for up to 38 passengers so there is no reason why anyone should have been "crammed in". There are numerous seating areas and options and with only 16 on board you were at less than 50% capacity.
I have raised the issues you mention about less than enthusiastic commentary and lack of swimming and fishing with the crew. My crew are highly trained professionals who love their job and working on Sydney Harbour. As part of their safety briefing, when guests first board, they should have talked about the activities available to you when at anchor. Sometimes they don't have time to remind every guest of this again once at anchor and we rely on guests expressing an interest.
My apologies again you did not have a great day - things that I can control I have addressed with my crew. Thanks for the feedback, it only allows us to get better and keep getting more of the excellent reviews we normally get.
Thanks, Pip

Reviewed 24 March 2015

We took the 2 hour cruise around the harbour this morning and are really pleased that we did. The crew were very friendly and the guide (Greg) was most informative. It was great to see all the houses/sites fom the harbour, a totally different perspective from walking and a fab way of getting some good photos. Tea/soft drinks and cakes were offered too. The tour takes a maximum of 16 - there were only 5 of us this morning which made it even more personal

1  Thank Sue S
PipSydney, Owner at Sea Sydney Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Hi Sue.
Our morning tea cruise is becoming very popular because it's a lovely introduction to Sydney, the harbour and gets you up close to amazing sights. Its pretty impressive to cruise under the bridge or to sit in front of the Opera House on a magnificent motor yacht as you see the city of Sydney come alive for a new day.

Reviewed 13 March 2015

Our captain on the Calypso was french (married to an aussie) and the first mate was only two months on the job, but together, they put a nice boat ride around Sydney Harbour. We anchored and stopped for lunch in one of the many coves of Sydney Bay. We could of swam but the water was a little brisk. The lunch presented by the captain and 1st mate was very organized and good. The mains being steak and tuna grilled by the Captain himself. A nice salad also. There was also a salad and a shrimp appetizer. There also was generous portions of wine, beer and soft drinks. It was a very good lunch served in tight quarters.
All in all it was a very nice experience. Do it.

Thanks for your positive feedback. Our team love what they do and I am pleased that this showed and you had a super experience. There really is nothing better than having an informative boat cruise on the best harbour in the world and having crew that are passionate about sharing their stories. I've shared your feedback so we continue to maintain our high levels of customer service and first class food and beverage service.
Thanks, Pip