Royal Exhibition Hotel
US$234
US$171
  • Pool
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$123
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
  • Room Service
Pullman Sydney Hyde Park(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$144
  • Restaurant
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$162
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$152
PARKROYALhotels
US$191
US$160
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$63
US$45
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral stationupdated bathrooman older buildingdouble glazed windowstea and coffee facilitiesquiet hotelair conditioningsurry hillsfirst floormini fridgecorner roomcircular quayclean roomscomfy bedwould stay againbudget hotelhot water
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We have stayed here before as the price is good and the location is great.
Out the door, across a crossing and straight into Central Station.
Each room is different in size but bother the rooms we have used were nicely decorated and pretty quiet.
A bonus for my travelling partner was the pub and bistro downstairs.
After a big day of travel, it was nice to go get a drink and bring it back to the room. We could have done that with our meals as well.
It was a lovely evening and we had a meal in the garden bar with a thunder storm for entertainment.
The only thing that spoilt it on the night was the desperate smokers having a puff in the now banned area's. We observed several people shift away from them.
The guy on duty was very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-3 seem good
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here several times before; our room had an upgraded bathroom which was good, prices have gone up in last 2 years but we thought the area had deteriorated and my wife didn't feel as safe.
A higher wardrobe would have been good as it was too short to hang my Suit coat! Curtains didn't keep out all the light. Garlic bread in Bistro was good though...wine prices still ok...

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2016

The hotel is located in front of a gate of Central Station of Sydney (just 1 min walk and absolutely save a lot of commuting time).
I booked a double room (2 windows, Surry Hills view) for 6 nights stay and was totally satisfied with the provided facilities because most of the time in Sydney I spent for travelling and the hotel gave us nice and comfortable place to rest after tired days.
Just got a little trouble with the air conditioner but everything else is ok. There are many places to eat around there: pubs, bars, restaurants.
I will recommended this hotel for anyone who love to travel in Sydney with limited budget.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and spacious but hot and uncomfortable as the air conditioner was not working . The helpful and friendly staff were unable to repair the air con and they ended up given me a very noisy cooling machine which did cool the room but made it difficult impossible to have a good night sleep
No attempt was made to give me an apology for my discomfort

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2016

The main reason for booking this hotel was the location close to the Central Station and the comparably good room rate.

Initially I wasn't sure if it was a good choice to book a hotel so close to a railway station.

But it turned out that this hotel is the perfect choice for a first-time visitor to Sydney!

The location is superb: It's directly opposite of the South-Eastern exit of Central Station. From Central Station it's just 3 or 4 stops to Circular Quay, and you can also catch a train to Bondi Junction or to the Blue Mountains. Super convenient! :)

The neighborhood, Surry Hills, is a trendy relaxed part of Sydney which is known for its good restaurants and cafes.

The hotel itself is in an old building with a pub downstairs. Nothing to complain about my room. It was big, had a comfy bed, fridge and all the OZ typical amenities, a really good (probably newly renovated) bathroom with spacious shower. Well, apparently the rooms are quite old, having a high ceiling, and the walls looked a little bit too boring, because there weren't any pictures on them. But other than that I felt comfortable in my room.

The pub downstairs serves the typical food (fish and chips and such) and good choice of beer from the tap. Prices were ok.

Only problem:

As the hotel is part of the pub, there's no dedicated reception. You have to check-in inside of the pub, which opens at 10am. I arrived at the hotel at 9am after a flight from Singapore to Sydney.

All doors were closed at that time. Luckily, one of the waitresses was already there and opened for me, so at least I could leave my luggage there until my room was ready.

Early check-out is no problem, you can just drop the key in a special mailbox.

So keep this in mind when booking this hotel ;-)

I highly recommend this hotel and would always book it again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo