“Great Wine Experience, Great Sharing Food”
Review of Wine Odyssey - CLOSED

Wine Odyssey
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Wine Odyssey is an independently owned Wine Bar and Restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney. We search every corner of Australia for the most premium, independent and family owned wineries and offer them at great value.
Reviewed 17 December 2015

We were with friends and dropped into the Wine Odyssey for lunch. The wine odyssey is aptly named with their 40 or so wines on a oenomatic machine. They have a nice variety of wines to choose from but remember the prices are quite expensive.
We sat out in the lovely garden area and shared the Odyssey Mezze Sharing Platter and the Charcuterie.
We found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable about their wines and the food was great and enough to satisfy the 5 of us.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

My sis and I wanted to try kangaroo, but were put off by how expensive it is in Sydney (roughly 25-30 AUD). Then it occurred to us, after having a few meals, that servings tend to be generous in Australia. So we had this genius idea to SHARE a kangaroo dish. Sure enough, it was more than enough for two ladies. We had good wine with it, and the waiters had no qualms whatsoever with us sharing the dish (we let them know so they would bring an empty plate).

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I visited here with a group and had a nice hour or so visit. We got to sample quite a number of wines as well as some finger food. You buy a credit card typof think with an amount of money loaded onto it then purchase your wine accordingly.
I would like to come back here with just a couple of friends to get abettor feel for the place but I think that the concept is good. Food and service were fine.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Found Sharp plastic in our cheese platter which I nearly swallowed, manager said "oh sorrry, I wonder how it got there?" and walked off, with the platter we still had not finished, but didn't eat as we feared what else would be in it. After trying to get his attention for 15 minutes, then arguing with him for a long time about how the platter was basically finished, he said "ok I'll take a bit off the price". Can't believe the attitude of the manager in handling the situation. To top it off, when ordering the waitress that served us asked us to repeat our order by saying "what?!". Horrible service.

3  Thank jessica123637
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

We stumbled across this beautiful bijou restaurant, offering two courses for $44 and happy hour pinot grigio $5 a glass. I had coconut prawns and ocean trout. Exquisite. Great ambience, staff, service. A total recommend all round. Happly hour is 4.30 to 6.30