“interesting wines - many sizes available”
Review of Wine Odyssey - CLOSED

Wine Odyssey
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Wine Odyssey is an independently owned Wine Bar and Restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney. We search every corner of Australia for the most premium, independent and family owned wineries and offer them at great value.
Reviewed 5 January 2016

We dropped by for a quick drink on Saturday night. Sat in a very fancy front parlor room with plush wingback chairs.

You leave your credit card with them and you get a card which keeps track of what wines you've poured. There is a reasonably large selection and you can choose a taster, half serve or full glass - it is self service. We enjoyed the wines we chose, though it would have been nice if staff had time to chat with us about the wines available (some were really expensive!)

They were busy and it took us a while to get served at the beginning and when leaving.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip to Sydney Australia. We were surprised to find out that they had Sunday brunch. It was fantastic! It was nice to sit in the rocks during market day and eat a fantastic meal. It was so good that my husband and I clean our plates. The outdoor set up was top koch. The service was fair for a busy day. Despite it being a busy Sunday, our food was hot & delicious. Recommend if you want a brunch in the Rocks area, on market day. It is the perfect combo!

1  Thank Derica15NOV
Reviewed 17 December 2015

We were with friends and dropped into the Wine Odyssey for lunch. The wine odyssey is aptly named with their 40 or so wines on a oenomatic machine. They have a nice variety of wines to choose from but remember the prices are quite expensive.
We sat out in the lovely garden area and shared the Odyssey Mezze Sharing Platter and the Charcuterie.
We found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable about their wines and the food was great and enough to satisfy the 5 of us.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

My sis and I wanted to try kangaroo, but were put off by how expensive it is in Sydney (roughly 25-30 AUD). Then it occurred to us, after having a few meals, that servings tend to be generous in Australia. So we had this genius idea to SHARE a kangaroo dish. Sure enough, it was more than enough for two ladies. We had good wine with it, and the waiters had no qualms whatsoever with us sharing the dish (we let them know so they would bring an empty plate).

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I visited here with a group and had a nice hour or so visit. We got to sample quite a number of wines as well as some finger food. You buy a credit card typof think with an amount of money loaded onto it then purchase your wine accordingly.
I would like to come back here with just a couple of friends to get abettor feel for the place but I think that the concept is good. Food and service were fine.