“What out for some sneaky over-charging”
Review of Wine Odyssey - CLOSED

Wine Odyssey
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Wine Odyssey is an independently owned Wine Bar and Restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney. We search every corner of Australia for the most premium, independent and family owned wineries and offer them at great value.
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Went here for breakfast on Sunday and ordered a coffee and potato and spinach cakes with avocado tomato salsa. Meal came out with three potato cakes on a bed of avocado & salsa which looked nicely presented as well as on a separate dish of tomato sauce and some mashed avocado. Shortly after receiving this waiter asked if i'd like some bread to go with this. Thinking this was complimentary I said one piece of sourdough would be nice thankyou. Two pieces were delivered to me. They must have only use a quarter of a spinach leaf in the potato and spinach cakes which were tasteless as was the avocado salsa. Restaurant tried to charge me for extra avocado I didnt order and the bread which they made out to be complimentary. I questioned this and manager took the bread off, I then questioned why I had been charged for extra avocado I didnt order - he then finally took that amount off and I did only pay for what I had ordered which was the only saving grace to warrant two stars. Manager was basically unpleasant, food very ordinary and I would recommend you eat somewhere else as there are many to choose from.

1  Thank 144maur

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Loved the menu and great snack menu . Our waiter was great in explaining the menu . Go during wine hour , best value ! I'll be back

Reviewed 5 January 2016

We stopped by to have a before dinner drink when walking around in the Rocks and were happy to try a place with a huge wine list, and sampled an excellent bottle of Australian sparkling -- after that we stayed for dinner and enjoyed good quality steak/chicken, mezze and desserts. Overall a nice experience: small, relaxed atmosphere with good food and service.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

We dropped by for a quick drink on Saturday night. Sat in a very fancy front parlor room with plush wingback chairs.

You leave your credit card with them and you get a card which keeps track of what wines you've poured. There is a reasonably large selection and you can choose a taster, half serve or full glass - it is self service. We enjoyed the wines we chose, though it would have been nice if staff had time to chat with us about the wines available (some were really expensive!)

They were busy and it took us a while to get served at the beginning and when leaving.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip to Sydney Australia. We were surprised to find out that they had Sunday brunch. It was fantastic! It was nice to sit in the rocks during market day and eat a fantastic meal. It was so good that my husband and I clean our plates. The outdoor set up was top koch. The service was fair for a busy day. Despite it being a busy Sunday, our food was hot & delicious. Recommend if you want a brunch in the Rocks area, on market day. It is the perfect combo!

1  Thank Derica15NOV