“The Best Fish and Chips Ever!”
Review of Wine Odyssey - CLOSED

Wine Odyssey
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Wine Odyssey is an independently owned Wine Bar and Restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney. We search every corner of Australia for the most premium, independent and family owned wineries and offer them at great value.
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We spotted this restaurant while walking around on a Friday afternoon looking for a place to eat. We noticed a chalk board written with a lunch special of Fish & Chips with a glass of wine ($14 US dollars, after conversion) so decided to try it. We picked a seat outside to soak up the beautiful weather. The fish was perfectly battered, not soggy or over greasy, cooked to perfection! It was served with crisp, shoe string fries and a nice glass of wine. Service was good. The perfect lunch for our first day in Sydney.

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

I start here for dessert after a rather unappetizing meal somewhere else. They had no issues with me stopping just for a small bite which I appreciated. They do have a rather extensive list of available wines from Australia. My issue is that what I tried to order was sold out. If you're going to specialise in wine then you need to have a good range in start at all times. Dessert why is ok clearly that is not their strong point.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

We ordered a beer and wine plus a bread and dip snack. All that was great. The table next to us ordered coffee alone and was outraged about a $5.50 price- $1.50 above the competition even those with water views. She complained verbally and in writing. Check the prices really carefully.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Went here for breakfast on Sunday and ordered a coffee and potato and spinach cakes with avocado tomato salsa. Meal came out with three potato cakes on a bed of avocado & salsa which looked nicely presented as well as on a separate dish of tomato sauce and some mashed avocado. Shortly after receiving this waiter asked if i'd like some bread to go with this. Thinking this was complimentary I said one piece of sourdough would be nice thankyou. Two pieces were delivered to me. They must have only use a quarter of a spinach leaf in the potato and spinach cakes which were tasteless as was the avocado salsa. Restaurant tried to charge me for extra avocado I didnt order and the bread which they made out to be complimentary. I questioned this and manager took the bread off, I then questioned why I had been charged for extra avocado I didnt order - he then finally took that amount off and I did only pay for what I had ordered which was the only saving grace to warrant two stars. Manager was basically unpleasant, food very ordinary and I would recommend you eat somewhere else as there are many to choose from.

1  Thank 144maur
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Loved the menu and great snack menu . Our waiter was great in explaining the menu . Go during wine hour , best value ! I'll be back