“Quality”

Ranked #37 of 6,385 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Nestled in Sydney's Ash Street laneway, this elegant bistro’s classic French fare is perfectly matched by an extensive wine list. Felix is affectionately designed as a romantic homage to the quintessential French brasserie. Diners are charmed by its many authentic touches; like walls featuring real Parisian subway tiles, imported French chandeliers, a beautiful pewter bar and food delivered by waiters in traditional long-aprons.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

It is always a good sign when a restaurant is packed and service is quick. It was a little noisy which prevented me hearing the soup and fish of the day....but I was not disappointed. The summer crab salad was excellent and I had many takers to share the ice cream profiteroles.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The food and wine at Felix is fantastic. The garlic prawns in garlic butter are a must try. The spatchcock and lamb mains were so rich in flavour and cooked perfectly. Service was great and the wine recommendation was perfect.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Great ambience, excellent food, but watch for the ripoffs.
Would you like still or sparkling? One of each please. BUT not the litre-size bottles that arrived already opened. No glasses or small bottles?
Next, you will pay for the bread, not ordered, that arrives next. Would have been nice to be asked first, even if it was typically French classy pain.
And then, watch your bill. We hadn't ordered the second bottle of not inexpensive wine that was on the bill. Yes, it was removed immediately we pointed it out, but there must be more than a few inebriates who don't do the detail when the bill arrives.
The French authenticity includes professional French waiters, with all of the upside and downside that that entails, whether in Paris or Sydney. Expect some nonchalance, some selective service, but genuine class - if you are considered worthy of it.

1  Thank pamelaanddoug
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I was lucky to have a table just in between the inside ( noisey ) and the outside ( direct sun ). My french business partner and I could not resist the double baked shuffle and they were perfect ( see photo ).

The specials steak for mains was done to higher standard and was just right for lunch. A good choice of wine. I finished off with mango/passionfruit vacherin and macchiato. I could not have asked for more - even in Paris.

Great lunch and we were both happy. Service was not that bad but it did get very busy by the time we left.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Having recently returned from France, I was thrilled to visit this cosmopolitan restaurant with outdoor seating and feel a touch of the city I fell in love with in France. The pork terrine entrée was great and my favourite chicken spatchcocks were delicious. The staff are caring and helpful. I love this restaurant and will visit as often as I can. I don't live in Sydney but visit frequently.