“Don't Believe the Hype!!!!”

Sydney Tower Buffet
Ranked #4,493 of 6,625 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$41 - US$63
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Offering an extensive banquet-style dining experience with uninterrupted revolving views of the city, Sydney Tower Buffet provides the perfect relaxed dining environment for locals and visitors alike. Boasting over 60 dishes prepared daily across a range of cuisines including Modern Australian, Vietnamese, Italian and Japanese, choose from a large selection of fresh seafood, salad, hot dishes and sweet treats on offer at Sydney Tower Buffet.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This had to be the biggest disappointment of my life. My family of 4 went here for dinner. I don't even know where to start- the food was HORRIBLE!!! the selection was very limited and it seemed like we were in a bad Chinese restaurant. DO NOT believe the pics on the website. The tables were cheap cafeteria type tables with plastic chairs much like what you expect to see on someone's back porch. The food display was PATHETIC. No two serving dishes matched. It was a hodge-podge of MESS!!! Wings, rice, noodles, kangaroo meat, and thats about it. In all my years of travel, this has to be the absolute worst of the worst. Even the locals warned us not to go here. This place looks like something out of the late '80's. In desperate need of a makeover and a new chef!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!!!

1  Thank Rhopar33
PatBuk123, Guest Relations Manager at Sydney Tower Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the food and decor.

We would like you to know that our dishes are made freshly on site with ingredients sourced from some of the best producers in Australia.
I would like to assure you that our chefs are constantly working on improving our offering and have recently incorporated some new dishes and salads based on our guests’ feedback. they have been well received but at the same time I do understand that a lot also depends on individual taste and expectation. I apologize for missing out on the opportunity to cater to your requirement if only the issue was raised at that point of time we would have attempted to turn around your experience.

Thank you again for you valuable feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A total embarrassment to Australia. I came here for a special dinner with overseas guests, paying $700+, yet they still would not refund a measly $35 for my daughter who slept through the whole evening.

The "manager" Renee was a joke, with horrible skills to help the situation.

He let me leave infuriated with a special evening ruined. He did nothing to try rectify it and should have much better skills to turn a bad situation into a good one.

The other staff were also not helpful and the food quality was low regardless. So I'm glad I refused to eat there after the initial stiffness.

Avoid at all costs if you want a memorable evening with good service.

1  Thank Leigh F
PatBuk123, Guest Relations Manager at Sydney Tower Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for your feedback and we are terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us. We pride ourselves with the food and the customer service experience that we provide. Your feedback will be passed on to the management.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with a massive group of friends, the tower itself was really awesome, the view was incredible and it had a great atmosphere.
The food was OKAY, some was cooked better than others, but I suppose when cooking for a buffet it’s not all going to be perfect.
The staff also were friendly but seemed busy as we had to ask four times to get our water refilled which wasn’t great.
Over all it’s a good experience and is worth doing but don’t expect anything spectacular apart from the view.

Hello Lewis,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am really glad that you enjoyed the view and I am disappointed to hear that service wasn't up to your expectations.

I will pass your feedback to the management.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We booked a table at the Sydney Tower Buffet just as a fun Saturday outing. The venue delivered everything it promised, with a vast array of food to choose from & an absolutely breathtaking view.
It was a really unique and serene experience sitting atop the city, slowly revolving around whilst taking in every element from a totally new point of view. The staff were friendly and attentive, we would definitely recommend this as a fun Saturday date activity, or a family day out & we will more than likely be back ourselves!

PatBuk123, Guest Relations Manager at Sydney Tower Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Libby,

Thank you so much for such a great feedback. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed the view, food selection and service.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Take a good long hard look at yourselves we are people coming for an iconic dining experience paying through the nose for the privilege. We are not mustered cattle looking for a feed bag.

Booked and paid online arrived 5 minutes before our booked time to a massive lineup finally got to the reception desk to be told they were running late. We waited all dressed up in an over crowded area it was hot & un-air-conditioned. We were called to go to the lift area where an extremely rude man dressed in a suit snatched my ticket from my hand muttering something under his breath when handing it back to me. I wished the gentleman a good evening he completely ignored me.

When we got to the restaurant we were sat in the middle both seats they are tight and uncomfortable to say the least. I promptly asked if we could be seated to a near by window seat that had become available we were told at first “no were fully booked” but then where moved.

Most of the staff we encountered walk around with scowling looks on their faces making me think that the management team at Sydney Tower need sacking.

The Sydney Tower is an icon to me as a proud Australian. I find your service nonexistence and a bloody disgrace to the hospitality industry in general as was the food.

1  Thank fairdinkem

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

We would like to get more information regarding your experience. If you would please contact us on guestrelations@sydneytowerbuffet.com.au