“Outstanding Service, Nice Hotel”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #25 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Full disclosure: I am loyal to Marriott, I am just shy of Lifetime Platinum status with their rewards program. I redeemed points for this stay.

I had the ability to choose between this and another Marriott hotel nearby. I decided on this one because of the location (near everything), seeing in my research about the newly-refurbished Executive Lounge and other construction having been done recently.

I'm an introvert, I don't need to be wooed or whatever, I look for a clean, comfortable room with nice bed. The hotel came through in all aspects.

Props to the concierge desk, I forget his name, but I think his initials are AA. Extremely helpful with questions from a dumb American. And he was right on in picking which tour company to go with.

Joaquin in the Executive Lounge was also a standout. Nice guy, personable, and made you feel welcomes and we wanted to make the stay in the EL as nice as possible.

If you're trying to decide whether or not to purchase EL access, this is probably one of the best EL lounges i have been in. The variety of hot and cold food at the appropriate times was nice, and being the one American in the world who prefers a European Breakfast over the traditional gut-bomb American Breakfast, it was nice to see both options there.

I was up on the 26th Floor, so I got plenty of experience with the elevator. It seems slow since there are plenty of floors and other guests to accommodate. If they haven't already, I hope the hotel considers making some of the elevators exclusive to the upper floors and the other to lower floors. I am not expert at elevator analytics, I'm just throwing that idea out there since it's obvious they read these reviews. All that said, I have been in other hotels, in and out of Marriott, that have had much worse elevator experiences....some where I felt I needed to shave again by the time I got to my floor.

Overall, recommend highly.

Room Tip: The usual, away from elevators. If you have status with Marriott Rewards, that will likely help.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Joseph C
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Joseph C,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay with Sydney Harbour Marriott during your recent visit to Australia.

It is always a wonderful experience hearing a positive feedback from a satisfied guest and thank you for your 5 star review. Your comments regarding the service, hospitality and location are regarded as valuable inputs for the continuous development of our hotel.

I will surely share your kind words to our team. We hope to welcome you back again in your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are very familiar with the Marriott brand and chose the Sydney Harbour Marriott because of the location and Marriott’s reputation for being consistently good quality hotel. The service at the hotel and attention to detail far exceeded our expectations. Even though we are not the top tier in the Marriott’s Rewards program they made us feel like we were. They were aware we were celebrating a special birthday and made it even more special by acknowledging the event.
The Hotel staff was very friendly and always willing help. The location was better than expected as it was only a couple of blocks off the Circular Quay train stop, which made it exceedingly easy to get from and to the International Airport. This is a big deal as the traffic around the airport is some of the worst I have seen on the planet due to construction. Instead of 1-2hrs in a car or van we were at the hotel in about 20 minutes. The location also is only 2 blocks (5 minutes) from a massive food court and the same distance to the Circular Quay transportation hub from where you can get to just about anywhere in the Sydney area.. The Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Rocks area and other interesting sites are about a 10-15 minute walk.
We travel a lot and I would strongly recommend this hotel for its high level of service and location. You can’t go wrong staying at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ed_Mack_TX

Dear Ed_Mack_TX,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your comments are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

We are delighted to hear that our room and service met your expectations and are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location close to the heart of the city.

We indeed look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel although a little dated, my room was spotlessly cleaned and comfortable , breakfast in the lobby was great and delicious, the lifts are a bit of a let down they are slow and noisy you can hear them in the rooms. Check out was a bit of an issue as they could not work out how to use the master account. The receptionist was lovely but needed additional training. I defiantly would stay again it's in a great location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Pee42,

We thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

We would be delighted to serve you again in our hotel, and it is such a delight to know that our great location has made your stay more convenient to your travelling plans in Sydney.

Thank you for your great support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the nearest future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay was amazing. We were there for our honeymoon, which after letting the staff know, gave us a free upgrade and complimentary in room champagne, which was a nice touch. The location is a couple streets from the ferries, and a quick walk to the Opera House or the Rocks, which allowed us to explore everything we wanted to see in Sydney in just 2 days. The concierges were so helpful, with one giving us an in depth explanation of the best way to see everything quickly, and another offering a couple money saving tips. Hotel was gorgeous, room was luxurious and incredibly comfortable. View was amazing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear S7081THlisam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your memorable stay with us!

I am absolutely delighted to read your kind compliments regarding our associates who took wonderful care and providing excellent service during your stay.

Our priority is to provide our guests with a memorable experience during their stay and it is a true pleasure to see this goal has been achieved.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is right in the middle of the central business district. Only two blocks from circular quay and a short walk to the rocks, the opera house and the botanic gardens. Overall I was impressed. The rooms are clean, although the standard rooms are a bit small. Try to book a larger corner room if you can.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Njohngr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

It is such a delight to know that our great location has made your stay with us more memorable and convenient to your travelling plans in Sydney.

The team and I very much look forward to your next visit, should your plans bring you back to Sydney again.