“Weekend in Sydney Circular Quay & The Rocks near by”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #25 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Central location with good access to Trains & Sydney's great Ferry system. Only issue at present is the road works nearby on George Street & adjacent to Circular Quay. Walking distance to many Sydney landmarks. Staff always friendly however I would like to think JWM team can correct the clocks in their lifts.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear brunomY6625LX,

Thank you so much for giving us a positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly pleased that our convenient location and services have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic property, friendly obliging staff, very happy!!! We will be back. It was a very special holiday with my children. I love Sydney harbour Marriott and my children loved it too. Planning our next trip

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear T8061GPlindad,

Thank you for the high recommendation. The team and I are most pleased to read you felt so pampered during your special holiday with the family.

Once more, thank you for your pleasant comments and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for a couple of days. This is a great location. It is walking distance to many cool parts of the town including the rocks area and a huge shopping area. The executive lounge is good, amazing selection of drinks and food. The rooms need to be updated including the bathroom area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear CAgal_13,

Thank you for choosing the Sydney Harbour Marriott as a preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Sydney.

We are glad to hear that you found our location and executive lounge offerings to your liking.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my third stay at the Marriott in 3 years. The construction that was happening in 2016 is completed and the new areas of the hotel look wonderful. The front desk is moved closer to the entrance, the Library sitting area is comfy for waiting or just relaxing. I used the mobile check in and my room was ready at my arrival early morning after overnight US flight. I had a Sydney Bridge/west facing king bed room on the 27th floor. The view was great and I enjoyed spending early evening watching the Harbour change from daytime to nighttime. The window ledge was the perfect place to eat a fast meal with a view. The room had a chair and ottoman for relaxing after a long day out touring. The bathroom has every amenity you could need but if extras are needed, use the app and it will be brought up immediately (I was expecting to be ordering for the next day's room servicing). The staff are all wonderful and friendly, thank you to everyone. Rex has assisted with during previous visits and took great care to get my luggage to my room (actually he got there before me). I am excited for my next visit already, knowing I have a great hotel near everything. The hotel is just a few blocks from Circular Quay with all the ferries, buses and trains.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter, pay to upgrade to Bridge or Opera House view if you can
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Terri D,

Thank you for your continuous support and choosing to stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott during your travels to Sydney.

We were delighted to read your kind words of encouragement and look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I thought I'd written this one but can't find it. We stay here on a regular basis and a recent conversation with the hotel reminded me of it so i looked - couldn't find it.

The hotel is located in quite a good spot - near the rocks, harbour, Opera House, shops, ferries and transport. We'd had a funny car ride in from Canberra - my faithful GPS took us to an address in Pitt Street but a block up-town. As Pitt is a one way street it meant I couldn't get to the Hotel so I had to do a circle. It is an easy drive in and but for the GPS it would have been great. I now have organised my GPS to take me to a spot behind the Hotel for the next visit and will use my knowledge for the last few turns.

Parking is done by the Hotel - not cheap - but it is extra to do it yourself. So - my suggestion - let them do it. Much work was in hand this time and the foyer was a mess. But it went well and we got our room as booked. We like a room with two doubles or queens - not the King Room. AND - you can get rooms with a slight - or better - view of the Harbour.

Rooms quite clean and beds comfy. Bathroom quite OK. What you would expect from a Marriott. A good shower. And - a fridge. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Check in and out is always fast and efficient. Staff quite friendly - especially door staff. I almost gave a 5.

I love a morning coffee and a paper but have to find somewhere so as not to wake people. It is also a good spot for an early morning walk.

While the work in the Hotel was a nuisance it wasn't a problem - as such. The bar we used was shut when we were there so we just found somewhere else. However - they had a very friendly lady doing coffees in the front area - free - and this helped alleviate the stress ...

The Hotel is well located - near most things - from the Harbour to the Shops. We went to a German Beer Hall in the Rocks on the first night - very nice. The Hotel is quite well laid out and gives a feeling of safety. Mrs M&A went to the theatre to see a show on night 2.

A number of venues for a quiet ale exist almost outside the front door. Plus the usual Maccas and spots scattered about the Harbour for a drink or eats. A rail stop approximately 250 metres. No need for taxis - a quick walk to the centre of the City is quite easy. But buses are also quite close.

Access to the Hotel by train from the airport would be relatively easy - and much cheaper than a taxi - if slightly more trouble. Access from the Tourist Ship Terminal area barely a quick walk.

We are due back here in about a week for our next stay so it will be interesting to see the changes completed. Perhaps a 5 rating with the work done and bar open.

I'm quite curious to find out what happened to my original review.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank MichaelandAnne

Dear MichaelandAnne,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.

We would be delighted to welcome you again in our hotel, and it is such a delight to know that our great location has made your stay with us more memorable and convenient to your travelling plans in Sydney.

We indeed look forward to seeing you again soon!