“Good & Bad = my stay”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #31 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed 30/Sep to 5/Oct. First impression it's fine though. Disasters started very next moments. I'm not sure between my agency or reception's, one thing i can tell that i didn't check again when i checked in my room type-double/twin. Wrong room(1st day) it was perfect except bed(double). Everything was good even housekeepers as well. But next day we moved to 21floor's room(twin). Only bed was ok. The most shocking thing was cleaning- bath gown's hairs(my hair colour's black but that's blonded), face towel's hair, no complementary waters, wrong adaptor....smelly pillows. I was really disappointed room's contidions. But staffs were great- receptionist :Calvin, doorman: Ivan, Silvester's : Ling & Iris. They were very kind n warm , they are real professional to their job always. Thank you all. Generally Marriot isn't good enough for money. I won't book this one. If cheap promotions going on , i might consider to book it or not. Anyway i enjoyed Sydney much.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear tinybanter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at the Sydney Harbour Marriott with us.

Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience and from your recent feedback, I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

Res assured that we are taking steps to help ensure problems of this nature do not occur in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Sydney.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

The management and front desk staff went above and beyond to help out with some logistical problems. They could not have been better and I am very grateful. Pleased and proud to be a Marriott Rewards member.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear stephenrZ4849RS,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

We appreciate your kind remarks and are delighted to hear your overall experience at our hotel was positive - most importantly guest experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

As a platinum Marriott rewards member, I was upgraded upon check-in to a large suite overlooking the Sydney Harbor bridge. It was a nice treat for my seven night stay! I also enjoyed breakfast and heavy hors d'oeurves / dinner each night in the concierge lounge. The staff in the concierge lounge were so kind and friendly, which was refreshing as a solo traveler. Lulu in the concierge lounge made a point to ask about my travels each day and went out of her way to help if I had questions about the area. I found the lounge staff to be the best resources when it came to basic tourist questions. It was one of the gentlemen in the lounge who tipped me off to the special Sunday transportation fare of just $2.50 for the whole day. Hats off to the lounge staff for such wonderful service!
The only service hiccup came when I sprained my neck one evening. I called down the the lobby concierge desk, and was told they would bring ice and a bandage wrap. When I answered my door, all the gentleman had was two bandaids. For a neck sprain! It took a few calls to finally get a bucket of ice for my shoulder. Aside from that, my stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear J F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sydney Harbour Marriott!

I'm extremely delighted to read your kind words of encouragement, which have been shared with the team.

We aim to give our guests a memorable experience during their stay and it is a true pleasure to see this goal has been achieved.

Be sure that all our associates are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again soon and make your future stay as memorable as the last one!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Great way to begin our Australia trip. Location is excellent for getting around the city and surrounding neighborhoods. Alan, in the executive lounge, was especially helpful with walking suggestions and sites a bit off the radar to see. Fantastic city and hotel to use as your base.

Room Tip: We chose the opera house view and mornings looking out at the Harbour and the opera house from our w...
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 57pattyc,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott during your recent visit to Australia.

Your acknowledgement is valuable to all of us and your evaluation is an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and accommodations.

Once more, thank you for your pleasant comments and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favorite places to get to and relax. My wife and I are always greeted with warm hospitality and made to feel special. We recommend this to all we meet. It is a great location and the staff are first rate!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear MarvinTN,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor and your comments are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

I'm delighted to hear that our room and service met your expectations and are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location close to the heart of the city.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again when your next travel plans bring you back to Sydney.