Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$159
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$146
  • Room Service
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$116
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$257
US$172
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$191
US$149
PARKROYAL
US$146
US$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$119
US$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$144
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$105
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,319 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecircular quayopera housegreat locationearly arrival loungebridge viewcruise terminalplatinum membertrain stationconcierge desksydney harbourwithin walking distanceexcellent hotelpitt streeteasy walkbotanical gardensfew minutes walk
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The location is great but I did not enjoy my stay.

I am a platinum member and I did not see any recognition - I stayed over a month for business and had to request 2 - 3 times to move to a room with a better view

Food was very average and so were the rooms and fitness club - apart from some smiling faces at the lounge, I really did not see any effort to 'wow' your experience

Also, I need to mention that a fire alarm went off around midnight while I was still working at the lounge and I had to find the way to reception myself - very bizarre and I would have expected some seriousness from hotel staff

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Bugintheair,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your constructive comments.

Please allow me to offer my sincere apologize for the shortcomings you experience during your stay. I can assure you, your comments are being dealt with and we do express regret on the unnecessary inconveniences caused to your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I was part of a group visiting Sydney for the first time. Marriott was a top notch host. We continue to say how elated we were with the facility, staff, and the food was outstanding. I will use Marriott on future holidays.

Room Tip: The room was always clean and toiletries provided.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Ethel K,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor as your feedback are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

We indeed look forward to welcoming you back for your future holidays!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Property is abit old, even thou the hotel lobby has been refurbished recently.
This can be seen in the hotel room, washroom, and Executive lounge and fitness centre.
Properties in Asia seem to have better and newer facilities which can't seem to be found in this property.
Executive lounge selection is very limited and cannot be compared to others.
Toilets in accommodation room can be seen that is still in the 90s design.
Fitness centre also feels like 90s property.

But the service staff is fantastic, well on the ball being attentive to their guest in lobby, from doormen to front counter staff has got a fantastic service.

Being a platinum member I've gotten complimentary upgrade to a opera house facing corner suite , which is out of my expectation.

Hopefully this property get a make-over in the accommodation rooms soon!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Steven T,

Thank you for your continuous support and I sincerely appreciate the time you spent to share your various experiences with us and note on the areas for hotel’s better improvement.

I am extremely delighted to hear that our room and service met your expectations and are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location close to the heart of the city.

We very much look forward to welcoming you soon again on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The Marriott Circular Quay is a 30 story Marriott close to the water and it's attractions and eateries. I find it to be a slightly dated but clean property with rooms on the small side. I was given an upgraded suite with views of rooftops and a large crane with an offset view of the Sydney bridge. I'm not sure what they upgrade was, other than the partial view of the bridge. Since I am a Marriott loyalist, I preferred to stay at this Marriott over the brand new Sofitel next to the convention center. The Sofitel is absolutely gorgeous, located right at the heart of the action of the harbor but alas it is not Marriott.

I found the executive lounge to be very nice, the breakfast had all of the required items plus a few surprise charcuterie items that I found to be delightful. One complaint however, the eggs, masquerading as cooked looked more like cottage cheese most days than actual cooked eggs. I'm not sure who likes them like this, but I have an acceptable range and these were not within my limits. Other items that were impressive were the addition of Muesli and dried fruit available for cereal and oatmeal.

The room was essentially clean but I had to call after 5 days to get my sheets changed. Had I not called, I am convinced that no sheet changes would have been done. I had no DND signs on my door, nor did I subscribe to any Marriott program that would have prevented them from giving me clean linens. To be fair, the night manager sent up a bellman to change my sheets (since there's no housekeeping on staff at night) and I taught the bellman how to change sheets. It was pretty funny to be honest. I taught him how to do it military-style as well as hospital corners. He was a great guy, wanted to help in any way possible, he just wasn't equipped from his upbringing to change a sheet.

I wasn't offered any sort of compensation for having to call to get my sheets changed or having to change my own sheet but I did notice my room was extra tidy the next day. Apparently housekeeping received the message loud and clear.

Two other concerns, in the evening, the Internet is unusably slow. I needed to review some online YouTube videos for my presentations during my conference and was unable. Also the elevators were extremely slow at times.

I didn't try the restaurants in the hotels as they were attempting to cater to some mysterious upscale clientele with the prices to match. I found much better options a block away but the prices are a bit high everywhere.

Room Tip: The upgraded King suites aren't much of an upgrade. Didn't hear much above or on the sides of a 20th floor room despite the hotel being very full. Beds are comfortable but did notice indentations on both sides of the mattresses. The side closer to the window seems to be less slept upon.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben S

Dear Ben S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Sydney.

We are glad that our hotel’s convenient location and service have met your expectations but sadly we missed the mark by not exceeding it.

I hope you will consider the Sydney Harbour Marriott on your next visit to Sydney so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Walk-able from train station, near-by buses, Oprah house, Sydney Harbor and the Rocks. Highly recommended if you are in town for tourism. If you download the app, you even get to know when your room is ready; I even checked in earlier; they entertained me by giving a complimentary upgrade (Oprah View Room) with access to Exec Lounge - Great Gesture.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear fpasha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

The team and I are most pleased to read you felt so pampered during your recent stay we all look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel on your next visit to Sydney.