US$215
US$171
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$144
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

US$170
Marriott Hotels
Mercure Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$66
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$113
US$102
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$149
Hotels.com
US$65
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

7,104 results
All reviewshorizon clubblu baropera housegrand harbourcircular quaytop floorwindow seatrocks arearoom servicecorner suiteharbour viewturn down serviceclub roombottle of champagnefour seasonsbuffet breakfastlate check
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Shangri-La's around the world has some things in common. The special scents they use in the lobby all over Asia and Canada and the Horrizon club has always some Asia fusion items. In Sydney neither were present. The restaurant on the top floor was great, pricy but worth it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank hemi4
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Attended at the Shangri-la Hotel in Sydney after having stayed at other Shangri-la hotels at other locations. You can't beat the view at this hotel of the beautiful Sydney Harbor and its location in the 'Rocks' with all the little shops, great restaurants and proximity to the ferries. The hotel is very highly priced and as result you would expect great service and accommodations. We opted to stay at the executive level and found that the executive level service was not worth the extra price. The service was not up to standard as their other locations. Executive level business lounge turned into a smorgasbord for small children with little supervision and control by on site staff. We have no problem with children but when you pay extra to stay at an executive level you would expect a business atmosphere. We advised the service manager and they offered a couple of free drinks to make us feel better which we declined. I would not pay the extra cost to upgrade at this hotel ever again and would recommend other less expensive hotels who strive to serve the executive business traveler and work to retain their business.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will S
Reviewed 27 November 2011

That was the hardest statement to write. My earlier review trashed the Shangri-La for my experience. The hotel wrote me and said it was a lot of bad incidents and would I give them another chance. I was going back to Sydney to give a speech and said yes. I am sure that they knew that I was someone who they wanted to do good by. So they upgraded me to the Executive Floor which was nice. From there it went from nice to amazing. I would upgrade to this floor to live if I could. They start off by making this the center of your interaction with the hotel. If you need to check in, check out, boarding passes, order a car, concierge, directions anything they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. In addition they seem to care. Every morning I came in they brought over a cup of coffee. Now this may seem so what but I drink just coffee and they had an epresso machine that could launch a missile if you wanted. Yet they knew I just wanted brewed coffee, not an americano just coffee. From there it was the same every time I was there. The food is excellent day and evening and the floor is just a great place to get work done quietly. The rooms are definitely better than what I experienced on the regular floors. The quality of the furnishings and the room size was just excellent on an international level. I assume the other rooms are also on an upgrade list but these were delightful. As I mentioned I rarely ever say I made a mistake but in this case this experience was so superior to the last it is like I was in two different hotels. Go for the service and the wonderful people and stay for the quality.

Room Tip: WOrht the upgrade to the Executive Floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

On our last Sydney visit we stayed at the Intercontinental which was very good. Previous Shangri La experiences in Singapore and Penang had been satisfactory so we opted for a change this time on a visit with one of our adult sons.

We spent three nights in the Sydney Shangri La in two rooms at a total cost of well over $3000.00. The rooms were very well appointed but that's where it ends. The hotel is devoid of any character and the whole ethos of the place seems based on ensuring that they get their money rather than look after their guests.

Two examples;
On arrival we found ourselves in a room on the 5th floor looking towards the harbour with a nasty view of the back of an industrial building rather than of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge we had booked and were expecting although both were distantly visible. I raised the issue politely and was told that there was a better room on a higher floor but that I would have to pay extra which I agreed to do rather than get involved in a potentially adversarial discussion. I had the impression that my problem was one they experienced frequently as the patter seemed rather too well rehearsed.

At breakfast the next day there was a problem as one of the rooms was aparently showing as breakfast included in the rate and the other was not. Instead of accepting that a simple administrative error had occurred which could be easily rectified later the lady in charge made a big issue of it which resulted in a long and totally unnecessary discussion albeit reasonably polite and civilised. We did not eat in the hotel again.

Our strong impression was that the Shangri La in Sydney was simply a money making machine with no interest in the customers well being or satisfaction. It was very busy so perhaps they simply do not have to try very hard. Expensive nice rooms. Nothing else. Do not assume a great view as per the website impressions.

We stayed at seven hotels on our three week trip from the UK in Canada, New Zealand, Sydney and Tasmania. This I am happy to say was our only disappointment. Air New Zealand business was fantastic by the way.

Room Tip: Keep your fingers crossed or go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank HarryIzzy
AmyBunting, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear HarryIzzy,

Thank you for your review regarding our property, Shangri-La Hotel Sydney.

We are deeply sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience and your review is certainly not indicative of the five star service we pride ourselves on. Our Resident Manager will be in contact with you shortly.

Kind regards,
Amy Bunting
Quality Improvement Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Had great service, nice hospitable staff and clean comfortable room. What more can you ask? Would definately stay again. Although room service charges are very high.

• Stayed: November 2011