“Big room, nice long bath, beautiful hotel in refurbished GPO”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #37 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The room was really spacious, nice big square room. I love the long windows that open to the beautiful inner courtyard of the old GPO.
The long bath was of good length with separate rain shower.
I love the music system that was set to play as I enter the room. NICE.
Very beautiful hotel, long corridor clevely lined with picture of the old General Post Office.
Now I understand why is this hotel always full.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,396)

Reviewed 17 November 2012

This was my first trip to Sydney - sadly I was only there for 2 nights. On arriving, I was dealt with efficiently by the helpful check-in desk. My spacious room was a cut above the usual anonymous business hotel experience. A really comfortable bed and a large bathroom with a nice big tub. It is handily situated for both the harbour and the main shops, and is just a stroll away from the overhead monorail to Darling Harbour. Breakfast was top-notch; freshly cooked to order with a lovely array of healthy and less healthy options. I didn't sample any other meals in the hotel. I used the shoe-shining and laundry services and these were delivered, as promised, on time. The concierge was extremely helpful in advising on an Indian restaurant (Aki's) and booking the table for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Having stayed at the Westin in Sydney a number of times I feel the service level is dropping every visit. On our last trip my wife and I pulled up in the driveway which is a busy spot and were not greeted by the valet staff or porters. Having just arrived after an overnight flight from Singapore and both feeling tired it would have been nice to get some help with our bags. Instead the porter watched my wife unload 2 heavy suitcases and then finally decided to come and pick up the lightest bag. This type of service was common from the porter staff.

The rooms are nice and clean but pretty basic to be honest. While I can't comment based on experience I would guess that the heritage rooms are much nicer. The gym is decent but it a shared gym with the public so can be busy. The pool is ridiculously small.

In all for the price paid, this is not good value given the service lapses also. Some real energy needs to be invested by this property on training staff.

Room Tip: I would opt for the heritage rooms for non business travel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I hadn't been here for a while so wasn't sure what to expect. I shouldn't haven't worried as the service was still very good, rooms modern, generously proportioned, clean and quiet, and finally with WiFi, which was, unfortunately, an extra charge.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for either business or leisure. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We went to Sydney for a short break from work..Chose Westin looking at the website pictures and other people's reviews. What a right choice!! The Hotel is part of the Martin Place complex..Magnificient everywhere you look.. We stayed in executive club .. mainly because we wanted to stay in the higher floors with quiet surroundings.. Our room was on 30th floor .. the view was not very good since there are lots of other tall buildings nearby.. The room is spotless, LCD TV is good size with a good range of channels to see, bathroom is huge with large bath tub and walk in rain shower.. You'll get all amenities of 4-5 stars hotels.. Bed is so comfortable.. We had excellent sleep all 4 nights.. I always get neck pain in the morning with any other bed, but I did not get any pain with their bed and woke up so fresh every morning.. Room service is satisfactory.. Wifi is $20 for a day and $56 for 3 days.. You can get free wifi in the executive lounge.. Breakfast is ordinary with toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, good range of fruits, cereals, tea/coffee and juices.. Check in and check out processes are very smooth.. for check out, you can just fill in the card they left at door on your check out day and drop it with room key in the express check out box.. I also tried Endota spa which is in the same compound and it was extremely good
Pros: city location, close to pitt street mall, city centre monorail, comfortable bed and shower
Cons: Lower floors will have very bad views, more business type hotel than relaxing vacation, crowded lobby with cafes and shops, expensive

Room Tip: get as higher floor as possible
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple