Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$159
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$146
  • Room Service
US$257
US$172
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$115
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$191
US$150
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
US$146
US$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Mercure Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
US$172
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$105
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbotanical gardensdrawing roomdormer roomchallis avenuecloud roomopera housekings crossbed and breakfastquiet neighborhoodcircular quayboiled eggssmall hotelhome from homeboutique hotelwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsart gallery
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Great location in Sydney. Walk down the steps at the end of the street, walk by the old docks (look for Russell Crowe at his town house!), up the steps and you are walking through the Domain and into Sydney. Be careful though as the doors to this beautiful area do get locked at night!.
Simpsons is a unique B&B/hotel. Professionally run, yet with a real personal touch. We stayed there twice now. Both times were great from the welcome to the breakfasts to the rooms. Second time we were not able to get in the actual hotel, and Keith put us up in the apartment (really for longer term stays) and whilst up several flights of stairs and in the apartment building next door (lacks the ambience of the hotel itself), has a remarkable view of the Sydney skyline - sunset everynight was truly a sight to see - a million dollar view. If that is what you would like jump on it. The room is well appointed and will not disappoint.
If you can afford the tariff, stay there!
-Chris

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Simpsons. We stayed in a dormer room and if we had it to do over, we would take a more upscale room. Staff was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I spent 6 nights at Simpsons during a recent trip and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was travelling on my own and was a little concerned about feeling lonely far from home but I need not have worried about the Sydney leg of my trip. The staff at Simpsons were an absolute delight and the wonderful manager Ree deserves a special mention. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she made me feel very relaxed and at home. It was my first time in Sydney and I fell in love with the place. The location of Simpsons was perfect for me and Potts Point has just the sort of atmosphere I like best. Excellent restaurants, a well stocked supermarket, clothes shops, delis etc were all a stones throw away. I will certainly stay there again on my next visit to Sydney.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We spent several nights at Simpsons and thought it was an ideal spot. Small hotels appeal to us more, but Simpsons provided all the amenities of a larger place but with more charm and better service. The owners could not have been kinder or more helpful, even allowing us to shower in an extra bathroom before we headed off on the long trip home. Potts Point is a fascinating area with loads of galleries, shops and restaurants yet you can walk to Circular Quay if you want. I certainly recommend Simpsons if you like an intimate setting.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2009

For my first visit to Australia, I wanted to stay in a place where I could interact with "Aussies" in a relaxed and familial environment. I read many positive reviews of the Simpsons and decided to try it out. My best decision regarding lodging and I spent a lot of time comparing places in and around Sydney. The place is immaculate and the rooms outstanding (we stayed in two different rooms). The family room/library was very homey and it gave me the opportunity to meet and chat with other visitors to Australia. It is conveniently located and in a very quaint area. I was able to enjoy all the sites in downtown Sydney and the Kings Cross area without difficulty. Marie was an absolute delight!! She made my wife and I feel at home from our first encounter. My wife is not a big breakfast eater, but she could not stop complimenting the Simpson for their selection of breakfast items and the nice people that attended to us during the mornings. All in all it was a wonderful experience, the Aussies are marvelous people and that was the first of what we expect to be many visits to Australia.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple