Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$142
US$134
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$172
  • Pool
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$142
Westin.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$161
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$139
US$132
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$71
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$63
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

All reviewsbotanical gardensdrawing roomdormer roomchallis avenuecloud roomopera housebed and breakfastkings crossquiet neighborhoodboiled eggscircular quaysmall hotelhome from homeboutique hotelwithin walking distanceshort walkrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We started our vacation off at the Simpson’s hotel and it was a really great way to kick things off. Everyone made us feel so welcome, they had plenty of advice about how to explore the area, great restaurants and getting to know the area. Breakfast was delicious and the room really well appointed. Hotel has such character and the Potts Pointe area is a great base for exploring.

I would come back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
simpsonshotel, Owner at Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hello Joel !

What a positive Review !

You have summarised us, and the Potts Point area, better than we could have done so ourselves !

Glad that we made you feel welcome, and that our advice on what to do was helpful. Sydney is a wonderful city, and Potts Point a great area to stay, a friendly neighbourhood with lots of cafes, restaurant and bars, as well as all the usual neighbourhood conveniences.

The walk into the City is just marvellous, especially through the Royal Botanic Gardens to the Opera House.

Thanks for your kind words ! Hope to see you again !

Cheers Keith and all of us here at "Simpsons" !

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I was greeted by the lovely Manager Ree upon arrival...She showed me to my beautiful spacious room with a little terrace with chairs and table. I felt immediately at home. I later met the owner Keith at breakfast and was also impressed with his devotion to the hotel and his guests. Everyone is treated with such kindness and respect by Both Ree and Keith. Every possible detail has been thought of. They are a wealth of information on what to do and how to get there. Parking at door, lovely breakfasts included in your room. Lots of guests to chat with or have your breakfast in the main salon by the fire. Damien took care of breakfast and would check on me to see if I needed a fresh pot of coffee by the fire.....Heaven! Keith's wife Mary also popped by with fresh flowers for the elegant common drawing room... and makes breakfast too when Damien off. Such a lovely place! walking distance to all! Surrounded by amazing restaurants. I loved my stay! The owners and staff made an already magical place even more magical. I cannot recommend The Simpson hotel highly enough! Just perfect!

Room Tip: I have tried a variety of rooms over the years that I have been coming here and all have been lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
simpsonshotel, Owner at Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

hello Annalee B.

What a lovely review.

Thankyou for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do try to make our guests feel comfortable, and we are glad that we seemed to have succeeded.

Our little team does try to assist our overseas and interstate visitors on how to get the most out of their stay in this beautiful city of Sydney.

And yes, what a great neighbourhood is Potts Point, with its amazing choice of cafes, restaurants and bars, as well as little boutiques, shops and all the neighbourhood conveniences !

Thanks agin for taking the time to review us Annalee. We do appreciate it.

Cheers Keith, Ree and Damien (as well Marie the Rhubarb Compote maker !).

Reviewed 12 May 2018

As I travel regularly, I found this amazing hotel, booked and upon arrival my expectations were exceeded. It was indeed a home away from home. The interior is stunning, the rooms are all so beautiful, windows can open for fresh air (which most hotels don't provide), the breakfast was tastefully prepared and served. Ree, Damion and Keith were excellent hosts. The bed was super comfortable and the area is amazing as there are various nice restaurants. The hotel is within walking distance to the harbour and The Rocks. I would certainly recommend Simpsons for those travellers who want to stay in style, comfort and experience true Australian hospitality. The best hotel I have stayed when travelling abroad. Thank you to Keith the owner and his amazing team. I will be back.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thankyou Suezette for your kind words.

Yes, whilst Simpsons may not have all the facilities of the large chain hotels (swimming pool, gymnasium, etc), it does have the advantage of character and location.

Today, for example has turned quite cold in Sydney, and it is currently raining. However, in the drawing-room the fire is on, and a couple of guest are sitting cosily by the fireside, with a glass of sherry, reading from our extensive library.

Our location is first rate; Potts Point is the restaurant headquarters of Sydney. We counted once that there were around 40 cafes, restaurants and small bars within a 5-minute walk of "Simpsons".

All that, and yet only a 20-mins. stroll into the C.B.D., along the edge of the Harbour, past the Art Gallery and through the Domain into Martin Place; or through the beautitiful Royal Botanic Gardens to the Opera House.

We are indeed blessed.

Thanks again Suezette for taking the time to review us.

Cheers Keith and the "Simpsons Team".

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Depending on what you are looking for Simpsons could fit the bill perfectly, or maybe not. Our generous king room was spacious but bed and decor ready for an upgrade.The common areas have nice antiques and the library is extensive. Continental breakfast was good and in the light filled conservatory. The area is quiet and in a leafy street with restaurants and nice areas to walk nearby. Keith ( the weekday host) was helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is large but very tired and needs upgrade.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
simpsonshotel, Owner at Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hello Kevin & Sandra !

Thankyou for your kind words, and we are glad that you enjoyed the upgraded king-bed room, our healthy buffet breakfast and the upmarket Potts Point neighbourhood.

I am also pleased that I created a helpful and welcoming impression. We do try !

In relation to bedding, we renew our mattresses on a rotating cycle, and the one in this room was replaced not too long ago, but as you have raised this I will certainly check and replace if needed.

Our decor is always a point for discussion. It is certainly of a conservative, even "old fashioned" style (sort of "Laura Ashley"), with the odd paint chip here and there. However, it is in keeping with our dear old Mansion House (built in 1892), and to update it would somehow spoil the atmosphere !

Once again, thankyou for taking the time to review us.

Cheers Keith and the Simpsons team.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have a business in Sydney and have traveled weekly to Sydney for the past few months and tried many different accommodation venues. We love the area so that was a plus. Great restaurants, small bars, beautiful surroundings. My wife booked based on the reviews and we thought it was perhaps more hotel like but it is a bed and breakfast. The service was good but limited. Not like at a full service accommodation. The decor is one of a bad horror movie from the 70’s (I kept fearing chuckie was going to come out of the closet) and not at all to my liking. The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast, one of the best I’ve had in a long time and the service was super friendly. The decor was a let down, so were the limited services. Wouldn’t rush back but it’s not bad at all.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheDawsos
simpsonshotel, Owner at Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hello TheDawsos !

Thanks for your review, and for your interesting comments !

Yes, you are right in that the Potts Point area is a great neighbourhood, but there are no longer many hotels here. All the old tourist hotels have been transformed into luxury apartments. The main "full service hotel" is the Holiday Inn near Kings Cross station, which is apparently very good, so if you need all the facilities of a large hotel then this may be worth trying.

Glad that you liked our healthy buffet breakfast, the comfortable bed, and that you found us "super friendly". Thankyou.

In relation to our services, we don't have gymnasium, swimming pool, etc., but I think that our website, and our reviews, do make it clear what we offer, within the range of a 12-room boutique hotel.

Now for the decor! ! I am not sure who "Chuckie" is, but he does sound horrible ! Decor is, of course, personal, and again the photographs on our website do show that it is of the traditional "Laura Ashley" style, in keeping with age of the house and its design.

Naturally, that may not be to everyone's taste, but from the reviews, most of our guests feel comfortable with it, but certainly if you want 21st Century Modernity, then maybe a larger chain hotel would suit better.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers Keith and the "Simpsons Team"