“Be a regular that the waitress recognises or don't get served”
Review of Japone Sushi

Japone Sushi
Ranked #2,637 of 6,068 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Having eaten happily at this restaurant since opening this is the 3rd time it has not only been disappointing the waitress had the audacity to advise that another patron was a regular to her and got served first.
Hence a new waitress and not our old one who knew us personally. (She has gone to the new Kingsford site)
Best dish in the house popcorn shrimp served stone cold it must if been left in the kitchen for an hour. 1hr 20 minutes to serve 3 dishes for 2 go figure! They are more interested in Foodarama and Deliveroo orders. Find a better place to go dont waste your time. From an amazing different Japanese restaurant in Newtown to one to avoid for every good reason. Very sad!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This place is Awesome If your like sushi the sushi is Fresh I recommend The king Fish Jalapeño With Truffle Oil on it. COME

Reviewed 6 March 2017

very good value and always great food. Staff friendly and quick and accommodating. No faults, been here twice will go back.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

I've dined in with friends, dined alone, had it delivered on hungover Sundays. The food is always delicious. My order is usually the same - popcorn shrimp and (baked) japone rolls. Sometimes the service is not great, on at least 2 occasions the (same) waitress has forgotten my order, or part of it. However this is easily forgotten by the service of a different waitress who knows my order before I even say it. Maybe I need to change it up ! Either way, I'm a devoted repeat customer.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

The food taste good. The staff are very unfriendly and lack the basic courtesy and customer service skills. They take the order and then go help the kitchen staff preparing it. Next time you go there make a look at the window on how they prepare your food. They were eating with bare hands while making my order. The waitress went inside to help with preparing my salad and she was using bare hands as well. I dont recommend at all.