“Pre Dinner Drinks”

Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Loved it. Busy little place. Cosy, good music, friendly efficient staff. They have an impressive collection of locals cups on the ceiling. Speaks for itself.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stumbled across The Wanderer a couple of years ago and haven't left. Their week starts with Wednesday night trivia. And it's a cracker! Loads of fun and lots of laughs. A great way to meet people. Thursday and Friday has live music. So I can chill after work and have a few while I wind down with some local tunes. Saturday it's time to party and that it is at The Wanderer! Darts and Mario Kart out the back. Giant Jenga. Shuffle board! New people joining in for the fun. Friendly faces. Friendships made. Amazing times! And when I need a nice chilled Sunday session with some live acoustic music, you know where to find me...

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Staff is unbelievable, especially new bartender is so rude, me and my friends are never visiting this place again.

1  Thank laneSydney
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

My initially feelings on the bar were positive as they had good pub games and live music playing. They strangely don't have lager on tap, only their own ales but these were ok to drink. The evening turned sour however when my friend ordered chips which were so salty they were too hard to eat. I am not a person thats easily put off by bad food in a pub as it is not a restaurant but the chips put everyone in our group off eating due to being too salty. It was made worse by the second batch of chips (which were ordered at the same time as the first) arriving with lump of salt nearly a inch wide hidden under a pile of sauce. The chefs here do not take care over what they serve!!!
The bar service initially was standard for Sydney bars, nothing special but nothing bad. As it's a pub, you can forgive bad food. What was shocking was the bar staff at the end of the evening; an overly aggressive barmen in a grey t-shirt removed the drinks from our entire table at 12pm on the basis that they were were closing but he had not given any warning time. We asked why and he said if we wanted to finish them we would have do so at the bar and then "get out!". I understand that bars shut but his aggressive manor and swiping of our drinks was unnecessary and a real downer on a night. Go to the wanderer early for a good atmosphere but don't eat or stay late as the bar staff are excessively and unnecessarily rude!

1  Thank Ban404
Reviewed 23 October 2016

This pub is awesome - has a really great friendly vibe. And locals also have their own mug! It's not very big, but has a great area out the back with games consoles, jenga and darts.

Would definitely recommend for a drink nearby. The pub quiz on Wednesdays is good too!

1  Thank jesspeters8