“The very best smoked ribs I've ever eaten”
Review of Lp's Quality Meats

Lp's Quality Meats
Ranked #185 of 6,521 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Barbecue, Australian
Reviewed 3 November 2015

This place is awesome and our local so we go there often.We've tried everything on the menu over and over again and I never tire of it.The smoked beef short rib is outstanding and probably my favourite along with the chicken to share with 2 sides.Its not cheap but it is top quality. We normally share the kale with chickpea and anchovy caramel and the mash and gravy and that's good for us in quantity.
We have even started doing take away when we can't get a reservation. I can never pass up the coconut sorbet either with the pineapple granita and sharing this is out of the question.On our last visit they were out of our favourite wine but the attentive waiter offered something similar for the same price which kept us happy.Once you've discovered this place you'll keep going back, it's seriously fabulous food.
I love the ambiance too with rough wooden communal tables. It's dimly lit but I have never found the noise too great to bare. The open plan kitchen keeps us occupied till our mains arrive and offers light entertainment watching the chefs carving up huge slabs of beef.Staff are extremely professional and all up I've never been disappointed in any area. Not much more I can say just gotta try it! Good for groups of friends.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I just want to start by saying that the food at LP's Quality Meats is delicious and all 6 of us really enjoyed the food. Each and every dish served was excellent.

What we liked:

- Food is top quality
- The service excellent
- The atmosphere is great
- The shared tables (bench style)

What we didn't like:

- Before visiting LP's we all checked out the menu and the rolled and stuffed pork/lamb was at the top of our list to order. When our excellent waitress came to take our order, we were informed that this was no longer available. We thought that this was a bit strange as it was Friday evening, not too late and its one of the signature dishes. About an hour after we sat down a couple came and sat at our table, they ordered the rolled lamb/pork and the order was taken and served. They were actually served some 30 mins or so before us with their main course. I'm pleased that they could order what they wanted but why couldn't we have the same dish? We didn't complain, it wasn't the fault of the waitress but she could see that we weren't impressed.

- I thought that the portion sizes of the side orders was mean. There was 6 of us and we asked for the mash with gravy and a green salad. Both came in a small cereal bowl sized portion. I know, maybe we should have ordered more, but maybe it should have been made clear the 'A Portion' of mash or a salad is enough for 1 or 2 people only. This annoyed me more, when reflecting on the meal because just how costly are a few bowls of mash?

- This place is very noisy, I like a buzzing atmosphere but the noise in here makes it very difficult to even have a conversation. I think that the warehouse style structure looks great but as there is so little material or soft furnishing there is no chance for the sound to get absorbed. To be honest it gets really tiresome having to shout loudly just to get heard over the background noise.

- The food is fairly priced, but then most of the dishes are cheaper cuts. That's not to suggest it doesn't taste absolutely great. Again, the food is delicious. But the wine is unnecessarily expensive.

To conclude, I don't really like writing negative reviews just for the sake of it. If anything I'm usually overly complimentary. therefore I don't feel uncomfortable being critical about LP's, because fundamentally the quality of the food is first class. I would also recommend LP's to friends and family etc. But, the combination of noise, overly expensive wines and having signature dishes unavailable left me feeling disappointed.

I am trying to offer constructive criticism.

Its definitely worth visiting LP's, its more than worth the effort to get here.

2  Thank MARK_CHRISTA
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The food is superb and that's why we went there. Make sure you book as it is super popular. The service was super friendly and well above what I am used to in Sydney. It has a great vibe but is way too noisy for much of a conversation. You have to try to potato and gravy (I could have inhaled the whole bowl), the pork was amazing as was the beef. My son loved the sausage and the corn on the cob (which he would not normally eat). Plus the wine list was excellent. Definitely a must try restaurant.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Went on Tuesday we were a party of four, shared several plates entrees and main course plus side orders, started with eggplants parmigiana with burata, the WA octopus with chorizo crumbs and pil ,pil, tinned smoked sprats, mains were the BBQ short ribs, the porchetta with the sides orders of mash, kale, asparagus, all meals were very good, tasty , flavoursome,, service was efficient and prompt. Great funky sixty vibes atmosphere with good music in the background this is the antidote to vegetarian or vegan but you still can get dishes for vegetarian as one the party was vegetarian and took us there

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Group of 9 of us celebrated our friend's birthday dinner here, and boy they delivered way more than what we expected. Atmosphere was so good, a casual affair, just turn up happy. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The food...... Soo delicious! We had $89 per head set menu and we were not disappointed. Starting with salad, cured meat, ocean trout, or tongue but the meat dish was by far the standout. Our platter had the heavenly tasting beef rib, ever so delicious sausage, lamb and chicken. Corns were best corn cobs I've tasted, and the potato mash was artery cloggingly beautiful. You can wash this down with refreshing kale salad. I am pregnant and my husband is lactose intolerant and they catered for us- much appreciated!! To top this beautiful dinner was delicious finger licking pudding and refreshing ice cream with granita.
All of us were happy and very full!! I would definitely come here again, great place!!

1  Thank jacaranda0