“Love their Eclairs!”

Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Welcome to La Renaissance! We are one of Sydney's oldest family-owned French patisseries, and the first in the Southern Hemisphere to be awarded the prestigious Relais Desserts status with our head chef and co-owner Jean Michel Raynaud. Each morning we serving fresh buttery pastries, hot coffee & tea, juice, savouries and cakes every day. A great place to recharge and relax if you're new to Sydney and exploring Circular Quay and The Rocks, or a favourite for locals. Our best-selling items include almond croissants and the Monet, a white chocolate mousse cake with lychee jelly, raspberries and coconut base. Cult favourite, the ham and cheese croissant, sells out daily as well, with a shredded ham & cheese bechamel inside and on top of the croissant. Baked until crisp but still a little soft inside... we say yes please!
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

This place is great for Sweets and coffee. I love their chocolate and coffee eclairs..they are just beautiful! We have also bought celebration cakes from them and my favourite is Le Roi Soleil.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Exquisite little cakes are like jewels, lined up to delight and tempt. Choosing just two to go with our very good coffee was an excruciating choice, and I know that if we still lived in Sydney this little gem of a Parisian patisserie would draw us back time after time. Flavours are beautifully balanced, not too sweet or sickly.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Nice little French cafe at The Rocks. Croissant was fluffy and crunchy. Ordered a latte but nothing to write home about. A nice courtyard out the back away from the hustle and bustle of the streets.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Whenever I'm in Sydney I come back to La Renaissance. I loved it when we lived there and love it still.
My French friend tells me it is not THE best French patisserie in Sydney, merely one of the best, but has never taken me to the best.....
So from my perspective it is the best. I've always ordered coffee and patisserie items here and have always enjoyed them. I love to sit in the old, cool courtyard out the back and enjoy them.
It when Is a lovelly romantic spot surrounded by all that old stone.
Recently I have started to learn French and it was great to practice with the staff.
Some reviewers have mentioned problems with the service. I understand this, the Table service is perfunctory- they are very busy, but the counter service is polite and efficient, just like a Parisian patisserie.
All in all I love it. J'adore la renaissance!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Lunchtime in Sydney and what better than a ham and cheese baguette, a vanilla slice and a coffee! No complaints the food, service and ambience was perfect! 10/10