“Found the perfect almond croissant place in Sydney”

La Renaissance Cafe
Ranked #1 of 80 Bakeries in Sydney
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Welcome to La Renaissance! We are one of Sydney's oldest family-owned French patisseries, and the first in the Southern Hemisphere to be awarded the prestigious Relais Desserts status with our head chef and co-owner Jean Michel Raynaud. Each morning we serving fresh buttery pastries, hot coffee & tea, juice, savouries and cakes every day. A great place to recharge and relax if you're new to Sydney and exploring Circular Quay and The Rocks, or a favourite for locals. Our best-selling items include almond croissants and the Monet, a white chocolate mousse cake with lychee jelly, raspberries and coconut base. Cult favourite, the ham and cheese croissant, sells out daily as well, with a shredded ham & cheese bechamel inside and on top of the croissant. Baked until crisp but still a little soft inside... we say yes please!
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Not sure if I should be sharing my secret about my favorite almond croissant place in Sydney.... It's hard to come by the perfectly baked crunchy outside with some chewy texture and good amount of almond paste inside. The service was fantastic and coffee was great. We sat in the lovely outdoor sitting area in the back. This is the first place I will go to when I go back to Sydney.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Let's start with the almond croissant the best I've ever had I wish I had one now

We share the croissant quiche and the danish and almond croissant and some coffee everything was great nice location
The only the coffees took awhile to come out but it was all ok

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Right in the middle of the tourist crowd on a market day. We only queued for 5 minutes to order before getting a table. Probably our third visit in as many years. Coffee has been reliably good and the pastries excellent.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Wonderful french coffee and patisserie shop in the rocks area. If you sit on the tables outside by the street, you have a beautiful view of the harbour, and sometimes a cruise ship. On our visit, we tried an almond croissant, and some of their cakes, all were delicious. We thought we'd also try some quiche and a savoury croissant. Both were tasty, but I couldn't believe how good the savoury croissant was, who knew bechamel sauce would work so well! It has become a regular visit for me whenever I'm in Sydney. Absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

The best coffee and cake I have ever had. And I can't believe how good it is. Far better than anything I have ever had in Sydney.