Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$140
US$134
  • Room Service
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$71
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$141
Westin.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Pullman Sydney Hyde Park(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$130
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$160
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$171
Shangri-La.com
US$146
US$131
PARKROYALhotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Pool
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$74
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

All reviewscentral stationbig lockersfridge spaceshared dormbed female dormweekly ratecommon roombasic accommodationlaundry roomstayed here for a weekdouble roomhappily stay here againdarling harbourcleaning staffdecent sizevisiting sydneyopera house
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

The place is okay in general. The bathrooms are clean, the staffs are friendly and helpful, the kitchen are functional, and the rooms are in well condition.

The only problem is there is construction in front of the building during the night. It makes the place quite noisy.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Prasanna790, General Manager at 790 on George, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank-you for your review of 790.

We appreciate all feedback that we get given and aim to continuously improve.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team were friendly throughout your stay.

We are sorry the construction work affected your stay with us, but it is unavoidable at present due to the expansion of the light rail through the CBD. We hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Well I got ripped off staying here.
It's by far the worse hostel I have stayed in to date.
The rooms are dirty and dark.
The lockers are dirty.
The bed was so uncomfortable and having a bad back this wasn't pleasant.
The doors are self close and slam all night, I barely for any sleep. The people I. My room were inconsiderate and came in and out all hours and left the door to slam every time.
There were two plug sockets in the entire room.
The girls bathroom on the 7th floor had one toilet and three fairly gross showers.
The whole place is really run down and needs cleaning. I briefly went in to the kitchen and wish I hadn't.
All in all your money is better spent else where.
The one pro is the location, right near the train station.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Thank-you for your review of 790.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a pleasant stay with us.

Our rooms and hallways were repainted last year and so were the carpets, we do also have a very stringent cleaning procedure for our rooms and regularly block out rooms so we can deep clean them. Our doors are also self close for security reasons and are also fire doors, so they can close quite firmly.

Each locker does have a plug socket inside it for each resident, including a multiple adapter fitting for different plugs.

I am saddened to know that you didn't think our kitchen was up to standard, we do employ a cleaner for both morning and evening that constantly cleans up the common area including the washing of crockery and cutlery left.

I am dissapointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, if you would like to contact us directly we could go through the other points that you mentioned and see where we can improve.

Regards

790 on George

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Its at a perfect position close to the central station but has so many problems that I can suggest anyone to go there.

First I got a dusty bed. Then this bed was so unconfortable that I had a back ache like none Id ever felt. I lost a day of my 5 days in Sydney because I couldnt get up and stand.
Although they are what I call a professional hostel with strict rules, proper instalations, this bed matter cant allow me go beyond 1 star.
About people from there, I just had a contact between checkin and checkout and was not friendly: i arrived late from a WSW game but I dont remember kitchen closes at 11pm and I bought some food. I went to the B floor where was the refectory and although was explicit 11pm as close hour there was a guy inside. Like 10s figuring out what to do, a hostel worker told me that I should go up and eat at my bed. Not so good only contact and thats why my regular status on this matter.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Staff were nice. Room very ordinary.
Self closing doors slammed all day and night. Half the rooms have a grill/vent thing in the bottom and more slamming, footsteps and conversations come through that! Be prepared to plunge whatever you find in the level 2 toilet (plunger provided).
Convenient location. Remember ear plugs and be a good sleeper. The view will improve when the light rail is finished.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

There's kitchen, common room, laundry facilities. Shower room definitely needs cleaning. Cleaning staff was rude, knocked once on our room door and in less than 2 seconds, came barging in without an apology. One good thing, great location with just 5 mins walk from Central station.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple