“Tassie visitors”

I'm Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #511 of 6,484 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: I'm Angus Steakhouse is an award winning steak house boasting the finest Australian beef and freshest seafood on the waterfront in Darling Harbour. The open chargrill brings the passion of the 1980s into the modern century with a flair that is unsurpassed in the industry. If you are a ribs lover, I'm Angus will "wow" you with their giant pork or beef ribs that always turns heads when coming out of the kitchen. Our professional chefs have an extensive knowledge of meat products, and nothing but the premium quality will be put forward to our guests. One of Sydney's little treasure that must be discovered at some point during your time!
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We went for dinner, 4 friends in Sydney for Fri night concert. We went to the restaurant on Sun. night. We had booked Saturday I would recommend booking. Girls opted for steak - first - was beautifully cooked & accompanied by a delightful mushroom sauce (extra) & potato. Second - sirloin steak again beautifully cooked & a lobster sauce (extra) plus fresh salad (extra). Both girls agreed was a great meal. Boys - Full rack of beef ribs & Full rack of pork ribs, both with chef's special sauce. Well cooked & very tender both came with very good fries. Exceptional meal. Good selection of beer/wines. Staff efficient & friendly. We would go back. Not a cheap meal but worth the experience.

Nicks R, Manager at I'm Angus Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Hi Peter,
We are so happy to hear that you and your guests had an enjoyable dining experience with us here at Angus. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future!
Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Well placed restaurant overlooking the activities on Darling Harbour.

We went for lunch and we're lucky to get a table. The staff were friendly and accommodating and the food was decent quality with large portions for a reasonable price.

Hi John,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and hope to welcome you again on another occasion in the near future.
Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The food is fantastic and the staff are great. Eager to serve and always around. Just beware the small print on the bottom of the menu that says that there is a 10% surcharge if you dine with 8 or more people.
I had the surf and turf and the surf consisted of 3 small prawns. As a $50 main they were lucky that the steak was so delicious that it made up for the lack of seafood.

Nicks R, Manager at I'm Angus Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Vanessa, Thank you for your feedback, we will be looking at ways of improving this. I am happy to see you enjoy our steaks and service and will forward this to our staff. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We waited 45 min for a table, that's not a problem at all. We walk along the harbour even dough it was windy and rainy.
When we went back to the restaurant they gave us a table at the edge of the covered terrace although there were more tables availables... Only half of the table was being setted up and the chairs were wet, my dress was wet and I had to swap chairs literally loading them above the heads of other customers and the service didn't even come to help or ask or do anything... We sat and it started to rain after 10 min.. Heavy rain so we asked to move to another table and they said yes but they had to clear the table before we sit (the 3 tables that were available were dirty with glasses and food) How could we wait under the rain?! We sat on the next table even dough it wasn't ready because there wasn't either space to wait.
After waiting a really long time to order and we did spicify that we wanted all the food together at the same time because we wanted to share starters and mains, the food started to arrive separately and slowly. Small portions for the prices. Don't you dare to order the roasted chicken breast!!!!! Horrible. Meat was delicious. Service was absent unless the runner he was doing all the work. While eating we wanted to ask more water and the waitress was never there either when we wanted to order more food or the bill... I'm not the kind of person who complains and I have a lot of patience but this place, the service.... I'll never come back and I regret expending my money there.

1  Thank SimoIchi

Dear SimoIchi, thank you for your feedback it is important to us in order to improve. So sorry if it rained heavily on that night and we had to move guest and chairs in the middle of the service on table not fully ready in order to make sure everyone could enjoy the night.
I am surprised that you didn't enjoy our "Roasted Chicken Breast" stuffed with black olive and Persian fetta as it is usually very well received by our guest. We will review our policy to make sure the delay on service is brought forward.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

The staff are friendly and food magnificent. Gippsland steaks melt and my pork ribs finger licking.Now a favourite.

Nicks R, Manager at I'm Angus Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Hi Themccoys57,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.