“Great food, excellent coffee”

Chrysler Cafe & Bar
Ranked #3,126 of 6,099 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I have dined here a few times now when I have visited Sydney. The food is decent and the coffee is extremely good. I have always had good service and the prices are reasonable. Great place to stop at if you are headed to Pitt St Mall

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

While this shop is very conveniently placed, with your normal food on the menu.

Everything else about this shop was horrid we were seated at the exact, literally exact time we hit chairs as we pulled them out at the same time. They got served 7 minutes before us, they had there drinks before we even got talked too. Was it because we were young???? When we finally got served the angry faced lady wasn't very welcoming, won't eat here again

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Went for lunch, service was good and the variety was good. Pricing was average, I felt it was over priced for what we got. Flavour etc was excellent jus pricey.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This review is for Chrysler Cafe at 37 York St Sydney. There is no separate listing for this establishment on Trip Adviser.

I've been working in a client's office in York St this week and purely by chance I've discovered the Chrysler Cafe. How I came to choose this cafe amongst the range of similar sized, apparently similar cafes in this busy part of York St, just south of the Wynyard Station entrance - is anyone's guess.

It may have been the enthusiasm of the barista working the coffee machine at the front of the shop. Perhaps the smell of the fresh coffee piquing my olfactory senses. Or was it the queue of regulars, waiting patiently for their morning coffee fix as the barista did his thing?

Unlike those queued at the front of the shop, I had time to kill, arriving in the city early each day to beat the traffic. So as I made my way towards the tables at the rear of the shop, the barista, who I suspect might also be the owner, somehow noting my ingress as I made my way behind those customers gathered to watch this master of his machine, turned his head in my direction and said "Bacon and egg roll?" To which I instantly replied "and a large skim latte".

Now the decor is simple, basic but clean. Three tables tucked behind the far end of the counter and three of four on a raised mezzanine area overlooking the shop.

I was sure the menu was more extensive than this guy had suggested, but I'm taking his word as a recommendation. I have since confirmed that yes, there is a menu as you would expect.

The coffee was good, smooth without the bitterness many baristas produce by over extraction. But the piece de resistance was the bacon and egg roll. Two eggs, cooked to perfection with running yolks, short cut bacon, no rind, minimum amount of fat. BBQ sauce (what else would you have - really) and served in a soft chiabatta style roll. Sensational!

To top it off, by my 3rd visit, the barista/owner simply glanced towards me as I edged past the gathered crowd and, raising one eyebrow in subtle question asked "The usual sir?" How could I say no?

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped in on the off chance. Had a well cooked breakfast with good eggs and not too greasy, which is good. Would come again.