All reviews late at night caravan park heater amenities bed
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We recently had a fantastic stay in a cabin at horseshoe tourist park, it had all the requirements including extra heaters for the cold Wagga weather. New owners Richard and Teresa are lovely and very friendly. Richard would get the camp fire going each evening if you were up for a chat around the fire. If you are looking for somewhere small and quiet this is the perfect spot!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This place is a work in progress, new owners, Theresa and Richard still have a bit to do, however, what they have done they've done well, the amenities are immaculate and the pool area looks great. They are also great at managing their customers, they know everyone's name in the whole park and they use it. Let's not forget happy hour at 5.30 every day, salami, cheese and crackers last night, and Richard just informed me that tonight is a sausage sizzle, what a great way to meet your fellow campers. Totally recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N5902ELgaryb
Reviewed 26 July 2017

-4 the night we stayed in mid July, we didn't get back in until late at night it was freezing cold so put the heater on and then hopped into the shower, the shower head would not stay up and then the water went cold, lucky I didn't wet the hair, got out and the heater tripped out it was so cold I just went to bed lucky they had plenty of blankets, the cabin was very clean, neat and tidy but needed a little TLC, got a very warm welcome from the park manager/owner and very reasonably priced I would stay at this place again as long as the power problem is fixed and the shower. The people in the van next to me had power problems as well they put the jug and a heater on and the power went off. A bit of traffic noise from the trucks backing off for the round about at night made it a bit hard to sleep until about 10pm. It cost me $80.00 for the night I thought that wasn't to bad.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a while during the school holidays and found it to be lovely. The cabin was clean and warm there were extra blankets in the cupboard and clean sheets and towels and the staff were very accommodating. Great value for money. Yes its not fancy and its 10mins from town but for the price it was suitable for us . Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

In the recent floods in NSW, Victoria and SA, which have caused about $500 million dollars of damage, I ended up stranded, and sleeping in my car for days. Eventually I managed to get to Wagga Wagga, a town where the river had broken its banks, there were road closures, water everywhere, and a lot of damage. I arrived during a storm, late at night.

The owners of the caravan park took me in, made sure I was ok, showed great concern that I had been sleeping in a car, gave me a cabin for the night, and were absolutely wonderful at a time when they themselves must have been frantic with worry about their friends, family, town and livelihood.

You might want to know the usual things : yes, the park is extremely clean. It is quiet, well resourced, pretty, very convenient to the town and the hot shower (I hadn't showered in nearly three days) was fabulous. Very strong water pressure and lovely and hot! The cabin was clean, warm, had great facilities and was extremely comfortable.

But more important than any of that is this: the owners showed care to a stranger. At a time when they needed help themselves.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo