“Rip off! $50 for a pizza & bottle of water”
Review of City Pizza

City Pizza
Ranked #87 of 417 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: City Pizza is a Chic, Clean and Modern, Pizza Shop with Authentic and Specialty Pizzas. City Pizza takes pride in Consistency of Excellence in product, freshness and service. City Pizza offers Gourmet, Traditional and Specialty type Pizza's and also Specials on the Blackboards. They offer a range of services including, Delivery, Take Away, Dine In and BYO. City Pizza is Open 7 Days from 5pm.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This place was the worst place we dined at in Darwin! Payed just under $50 for a pizza and a bottle of water.. I was shocked when the kid behind the register told me the price! Would have been rude of me to leave so I felt obligated to pay! Upon looking at my receipt they charged 15% tax! What a rip..wasnt worth the money! Plus we waited over 40minutes for a crappie pizza! Don't go and save your money for elsewhere

ManagerCP15, Owner at City Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Good afternoon sir. Rude would be posting this in anger to you trying not to be rude. If you are not happy with the wait or the price we do not force you to order. We are very transparent with price and wait time. No trickery here.
Our customers are very happy and continue to come back and we do our best to please and keep a reasonable costing on our product in order to stay in business. Clearly you we're disgruntled by the wait on a busy night and the PUBLIC holiday surcharge (we are open to serve you) which may I add only barely covers my wage expenses to serve you. So it's harsh to say the pizza and water was $50 making it seen you were ripped off. Even if you ordered a half and half XL, which incurs $2 and a water tallying $38 which feeds 2-3 people. Fairly reasonable per head spend, plus adding the 15% thus bringing it to $43.70. Closer to $40 than $50. Also not extreme, not for Darwin.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This is a byo pizza place. What it lacks for ambiance is made up by the pride taken in the thin crusted beautifully crafted pizza. The chef takes great care that the pizza and the service above average for a cafe.
I have to say the pizza was one of the best I have had in Australia. Maybe it was more than what I expected. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We walked in on a Sunday evening, ordered and waited, waited , waited & waited some more ? Not a lot of walk in customers and some phone orders but the staff were frantically working ? Found the reason when a woman walked in for her 25 Pizza order !! The short story ? The pizza was well worth the wait, wished we ordered 2 but loved every bite, would go back for seconds easily !!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I've never bothered to write a review for a takeaway pizza before, but this deserved one. Prawns, bacon, pepperoni, Spanish onion, and pesto. Simply delicious. I just had the leftovers for lunch, and it was just as good. City Pizza will be part of my plans for future trips.

ManagerCP15, Owner at City Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

We thank you kindly for taking the time to show your appreciation. Look forward to serving you again David.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Ordinary and expensive for what you get. We asked for salad to accompany the pizza but told they didn't have any.

I think people can see from other reviewers that our pizza is far from ordinary.
Curious If we had salad you wouldn't have posted a horrible 1 star.? We probably are more expensive than Pizza shops in say Melbourne suburbia but as far as City's go and Darwin overall for an independent quality Pizza Store we are well priced for what you get.