“So much delicious food!”
Review of Il Verde

Il Verde
Ranked #277 of 4,929 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$23 - US$38
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends on a Thursday night to try out the cheese wheel special and it didn’t disappoint. The entree of polenta chips and focaccia were delicious, but we made the mistake of eating too much of that before main was served. The pasta in the cheese wheel was amazing, but it was such a huge portion size that it looked like we didn’t eat much of it. It was then followed by one of the best pans cotta’s I’ve ever had. The deal was only $45 and that included a welcome drink and wine! Will be visiting again for sure!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Booked the Valentine's day special - $69 for entree, main and dessert. We were seated promptly and waitress quickly took our drink order. Cocktails were fantastic - great selection. Our entree arrived quickly; mushroom truffle gnocchi with fresh parmesan and European truffle shaved at the table by the chef. Delicious and fragrant. Main meal was juicy lamb chops, cooked perfectly. Dessert was the most devine, creamy, raspberry panna cotta. Could not get enough of it. So satisfied and full after the three courses and we got to keep the flowers from our table afterwards. Friendly and attentive service throughout the meal. Would definitely recommend to a friend to dine.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went here on Tuesday night for the cheese wheel. We were given entrees, two drinks, and then came the cheese wheel, omg! I don’t really eat pasta but I was completely blown away by this.

The presentation was on point and the waiter was so friendly. I quickly gobbled it down!!!!

Dessert was served, which was so yummy.

I would recommend this to everyone.

The cost is $45 but worth every cent

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We had lunch here on a really hot day. I selected the pasta with prawns and chilli oil. It was a really generous serving of the prawns, which were delicious but the pasta overall was a bit dry. I understood that the dish had no sauce bit it didn't appear to have much chilli oil either. Maybe I just ordered the wrong choice. My dining partner had the salmon fish of the day which looked delicious and was! Staff were friendly, although the non-PG rated rap music playing at volume when we arrived and half way through our meal was a strange choice given it appears to be business people there during the lunch visit. Perhaps I'll try to cheese night special to see how that goes. I'm willing to give it another go.

BrisbaneFoodFood, Public Relations Manager at Il Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review. We take any and all feedback on board to help us grow as a restaurant, so it’s much appreciated. We’re sorry to hear your dish didn’t impress as we’d like it to, but hope we see you again for the cheese wheel dinner!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Our visit was for a Christmas staff lunch. We pre-ordered our food and had a good time in an open modern restaurant setting. Staff and service was professional, courteous and on point. The food was authentic Italian and the pizzas were a hit. I ordered the seafood risotto and was not disappointed. Pizzas are traditional style, the way they should be. The atmosphere was quite alive for a restaurant, organised chaotic, lots of conversation noise - the excitement of a busy establishment doing what it does well.