“Surprisingly good”
Review of Cumin Courtyard

Cumin Courtyard
Ranked #23 of 5,008 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Description: Indian Fine Dine - In and take away restaurant. A must try for Indian food fans. All spices ground in house and sauces and curries made from scratch. Have fantastic food, one of a kind Indian restaurant ,in Brisbane. Open 6 days . Enquire now for parties, catering and bulk order
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Authentic, delicious curries and chaat. Reasonably priced, friendly staff and fairly quick service. Would definitely return.

3  Thank Travel1234555
Cumin C, Manager at Cumin Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hello Travel1234555,
thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am glad you enjoyed the curries and chat. We work very hard to make sure the service and food is of very high standards. Looking forward to hosting you again at Cumin Courtyard.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

As a family of four we enjoy dining out and Indian food is one of our favourites. We enjoyed the mixed entree and followed with wonderful breads that were used to soak up the flavours of our dishes. One vegetarian in our fam enjoyed the mushroom , the flavour was awesome, as was the 8 hour cooked goat - very tender. Prawn curry had a lovely flavour and the favourite butter chicken did not disappoint. Thank you to the friendly ladies who were efficient and helpful and helped make a very enjoyable evening. We will definitely be back in 2018

1  Thank Marcelle F
Cumin C, Manager at Cumin Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hello Marcelle,
thank you so much for a wonderful review and feedback for restaurant. I will pass your feedback to our chefs and service staff, they will be thrilled. The chef really wants everyone to be able to enjoy high quality, awesome tasting Indian meals and takes immense pride in cooking the meals from scratch . We look forward to hosting you again in 2018
Thanks again,

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Great GREAT food here. While the decor of the establishment and the location don’t appear to promise much one bite of the food will make a trip here worth it.
Finding great authentic Indian is difficult. For me, the sign of excellent Indian food is when you can see all the ingredients in the sources. As soon as I saw this at Cumin Courtyard I knew the food here was going to blow me away and it did.
The Butter Chicken is exceptional and the fresh Naan was well done too.
It is defiantly worth the visit.

1  Thank nealq

Hello Nealq
thank you so much for taking time to review our restaurant. All the curries are made in house from scratch, the chefs will be delighted to read your kind words regarding the food. Thank you so much for your wonderful words again.
We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by friendly staff. The restaurant is beautiful with a great atmosphere.
We dined outside in the courtyard which was spacious and well lit.
Our starters were share platters which were generous for our family of 4 and had amazing flavours. The choice of mains was huge and the servings were larger than expected. Dessert was definitely a winner.
The food is sensational.

Hi Christy S,
Thank you for a great review, the owner/chef Mr. Amit Gupta has a very clear vision of the place. Clean decor, warm and friendly ambiance, value for money and amazing flavours. I am glad you enjoyed the starters and the mains . I will pass the amazing review to him, he will be thrilled. We look forward to hosting you again at Cumin.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but I really felt I needed to give sime feedback in regards to the curry I ordered from Cumin Courtyard. I decided to order from you after seeing how many excellent reviews you had received from other diners. I have eaten many curries in my lifetime, especially chicken tikka masala ( my favorite) and would have to say this was the least enjoyable one I've ever eaten. I don't feel it had authentic flavours at all
It actually tasted as though something artificial ( almost like the taste of tomato paste had been added) as it was way way too salty. The salty flavour absolutely took over and I wasn't able to taste the other spices and chill in the curry. I've been to a few restaurants in Brisbane that have to die for chicken tikka masala that is consistently good every time. I believe your dish needs improvement. Thank you.

Hello Freespirit,
thank you for taking time to review our restaurant, we do give an option to all our guests, to exchange the curry for another curry, just in case its not to their liking. Please let the service staff know when you do visit us next time. I can certainly assure you that, the curries don't have anything artificial added to it, all the curries are made in house from scratch, with spices ground in house. The flavors of the curries are not the ones which one would find in Australia generally, rather the flavors are comparable to the upscale authentic restaurants in India itself. I will forward your feedback to the chef.
Thanks again for your review,
Looking forward to hosting you again,