“LACK OF ATTENTIVENESS”
Review of FV4006 Apartments

FV4006 Apartments
Ranked #123 of 141 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Just needed a nights accommodation to attend a early Brisbane hospital appointment so online i booked and paid. We arrived early but of course no reception so we couldnt even pay to get in early. My fault.Rang and was told to take car in underground carpark which was great and leave bags behind desk. Good but reception will be manned at 1pm but of course check in is at a firm 2pm. All good accommodation 2 star old worn and dated but sheets are clean...Terrific.. Ok unwell hubby ..you guessed it tv doesn't work. Unhappy 5 calls and still not addressed. First call about 4.30pm and now 8.30 we were told the manager would fix and was now at athe front door at 7.45 pm Brisbane time. Had to put pen to Tripadvisor. My suggestion is NO don't be tempted to book online these units.
Embarrassed for this company. No attentiveness.

Room Tip: we have not slept yet.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janoneill
Bigpetal2014, Manager at FV4006 Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

It’s very disappointing to receive a comment like this. We work hard to offer good accommodation and friendly service, and will investigate the concerns you have raised. Our reception closes at 4:30pm. The onsite manager came after hours to supply you with keys as your booking had come through later than 4:30pm, computer gliche im guessing.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If you’d like to contact me directly, please call the hotel and ask for Taya

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Stayed here with my partner and sister for 3 nights in July 2015. The apartments were much bigger than we expected, we booked a 2-bedroom apartment but we actually had 3 rooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen was fully equipped. The location was great, only 5 minutes walk to Fortitude Valley station which could take you anywhere in Brisbane, we travelled to the airport, Gold coast and Australia Zoo very easily by train. Be aware that it is in a bit of a dodgy area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Firstly when we arrived we weren't given a key to the secure parking within the multi storey car park. Only found out that we should have been given key for roller door when we got to bottom level and we were stuck while I made phone calls to sort it out. Not a good start being stuck in a hot car park trying to move out the way of out going and incoming cars. The worst was yet to come....fecal matter and blood underneath our doona. Only found it next day when I threw back doona (have since had a 3 day gastro bug). Shower shelf was was dirty with a left over razor cap left and the lid of the bin was filthy. I emailed the manager and she responded by saying she would refund me $10....big deal. It was a rare night out for myself and my partner away from the kids and staying at that hotel did not make it special. I phoned the manager today and she rushed me off the phone as she had a "meeting" said she would phone back. Still waiting.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Ok the photos looked fantastic on the website. What you see is not what you get. Firstly it is a nightmare to get access into the parking area this needs to be fixed ASAP. On Saturday the remote did not work at all and had to physically use the chain to lift the garage door. As to the hotel room. Well the website certainly doesn't resemble the actuality. Broken lampshade no light bulb in one of the lights. Poor lighting in the lounge area could do with standard lamps. The curtains in the bedroom need to be block out not cheap crap that lets every bit of light through as being on the main road. As for the fines that would be charged for not taking rubbish to the bin area or if a cup is dirty to paya massive fine is just plain ridiculous. There needs to be another couch in the room as if there are more than two people there isn't enough space on the Lounge. Just dingy

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Bigpetal2014, Manager at FV4006 Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Hi Krista H,

I am sorry to hear that your did not enjoy your stay.

I was not advised of any of these issues, I would have rectified them immediately to ensure your stay was enjoyable.

It would be helpful to know which apartment number you stayed in, I will get these issues fixed as they are quite simple issues.
Because the units are all owned seperately, it is up to the owner to decide which furniture is in the apartment, however If you could please let me know the room number, I will discuss an extra sofa for the apartment.

fV4006 is apartment style accommodation, instead of a hotel style the rubbish needs to be removed as there is no garbage shoot, the fee is only there to cover us if the apartments have alot of excess rubbish.

I am sorry it was not what you were expecting, but if you had contacted us on the day, we could have fixed these problems for you.

Kind Regards,

Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Rooms are huge. So close to the main part of town.
A little noisy on the weekends but thats to be expected i guess being in the valley.
Receptions only open short hours but i would def stay here again...

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Bigpetal2014, Manager at FV4006 Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Hi,

Its good to hear how much you enjoy staying with us.
We appreciate your business and hope to look after you in the future as we have in the pasy.

See you soon