For the last two years I have stayed at the Hilton Brisbane about every eight to ten weeks for business.
I've watched as the hotel has transformed itself from a 3 star to a solid 4 star property. The hotel recently completed a massive renovation of it's public spaces and rooms.
The new lobby bar and Vintage restaurant are modern and sparse.
Though the decor is a bit cold the friendly try hard staff make up for the lack of warmth and I've noted that the hotel has started to add fresh flowers throughout it's public spaces to soften the appearance of the new contemporary interiors.
But at the end of the day it's the staff at this hotel that I feel make the difference. They are friendly, polite and always have a smile when dealing with them.
On a recent 5 night business stay at the hotel I ordered dinner from room service a couple of times. The second night that I ordered my meal I requested a bottle of sparkling mineral water with a glass of ice and lemon. It was delivered as ordered as well as every night thereafter without me having to request it.
The attentive staff member in room service remembered that I like ice and lemon with my mineral water. Each time I rang room service she pre-empted me and asked if I would like ice and lemon. I don't get that kind of service at the Peninsula.
There is a general lack of good hotels in Australia and it is extremely evident in Brisbane and Perth. The renovated Hilton Brisbane is a welcome addition to the city and to business travellers like myself who are tired of poor service and expensive rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Brisbane icon, Hilton Brisbane is located in the heart of the city, on the ‘Paris-end’ of vibrant Queen Street Mall. The hotel features modern accommodation, award-winning dining, newly refurbished leisure facilities and 2500 sqm of purpose built space designed specifically for meetings and events. Choose from a selection of well-appointed guest, deluxe or executive rooms, or luxury suites which have been designed with each and every guest’s comfort in mind. Book an executive room or suite and enjoy access to the exclusive Executive Lounge which features continental breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening drinks and canapes for you to enjoy. Meet and do business in one of the 19 flexible meeting and conference rooms which have been coupled with leading-edge technology, ideal service and attention to detail. The hotel is also equipped with a Business Centre where all of your business needs can be met. Swim some laps in the newly refurbished outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis on the city’s only tennis court, overlooking the city or squeeze in a workout in the Fitness Centre. Go on a culinary journey in the hotel’s award-winning restaurant - Vintaged Bar + Grill - which showcases the best of Queensland’s world-class produce and features unique and modern dining spaces as well as a boutique wine list. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, Hilton Brisbane offers contemporary design that fulfills comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service. It is a must for both domestic and international guests and Brisbaneites alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Hilton International Brisbane
- Brisbane Hilton International