“great location, right in the middle of Queen Street mall”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Golden, Colorado
“great location, right in the middle of Queen Street mall”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions already and I love the location. Easy access to the Queen Street mall for a spot of shopping or places to eat. You take a lift up to the lobby and the check-in counter is to your left and the lobby lounge to your right. They have a gray/charcoal colour scheme but the red couches on the lounge gives a pop of colour. Check-in is pretty fast and they give you a key card that you just swipe to get to your floor on the lift and even to enter your room.

All the rooms face the atrium and this is no biggie unless you're trying to rest on weekend nights where they have a singer at the lounge and that I don't mind, the annoying thing is it gets busy at this time and din of the conversations travel up and can be heard in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear GlobetrottingBabe

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay and in particular our central location on Queen Street Mall.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Martin Kendall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

For the last two years I have stayed at the Hilton Brisbane about every eight to ten weeks for business.

I've watched as the hotel has transformed itself from a 3 star to a solid 4 star property. The hotel recently completed a massive renovation of it's public spaces and rooms.

The new lobby bar and Vintage restaurant are modern and sparse.

Though the decor is a bit cold the friendly try hard staff make up for the lack of warmth and I've noted that the hotel has started to add fresh flowers throughout it's public spaces to soften the appearance of the new contemporary interiors.

But at the end of the day it's the staff at this hotel that I feel make the difference. They are friendly, polite and always have a smile when dealing with them.

On a recent 5 night business stay at the hotel I ordered dinner from room service a couple of times. The second night that I ordered my meal I requested a bottle of sparkling mineral water with a glass of ice and lemon. It was delivered as ordered as well as every night thereafter without me having to request it.

The attentive staff member in room service remembered that I like ice and lemon with my mineral water. Each time I rang room service she pre-empted me and asked if I would like ice and lemon. I don't get that kind of service at the Peninsula.

There is a general lack of good hotels in Australia and it is extremely evident in Brisbane and Perth. The renovated Hilton Brisbane is a welcome addition to the city and to business travellers like myself who are tired of poor service and expensive rates.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear MelBNolan

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the improvements we have made to the hotel. Your kind comments about our Room Service team have been passed onto them and they are very pleased they were able to help with your recent visit.

We appreciate your support of the Hilton while visiting Brisbane and look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

General Manager.
Da Nang
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have stayed many times at the Hilton-Brisbane over the years because of its convenience to the mall etc , but never in room 917 as was our experience last night . We have never seen a hotel so devoid of guests on a Saturday evening , could have fitted them into a bus , but unfortunately we had a guest placed in 918, next to us and we soon realised that the wall between us was not masonery only a partition wall . We heard everything .... TV , toilet , shower , etc , etc ..
Woken by a loud noise on our bedhead at 4.30am ( yes sunday morning), then a telephone call at 6.30am , that was enough , but then we heard the showering . I really get annoyed at paying $250.00 for the room to then have to hear the neighbours . The inter-connected rooms - 917 & 918 should not be sold separately , the lack of acoustic insulation is not acceptable in a hotel charging this sort of money .We were also disappointed that our room had had no refurbishment since our last visit some 2 years ago . Just not good enough , I want a better standard of accommodation than this , and in my opinion the Hilton is not value for money .

Room Tip: Stay away from inter-connecting rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank climax46
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear climax46

Thankyou for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by the room adjoining to you. This is unusual feedback for us and therefore I have instructed our engineering team to investigate in case something was not as it should have been.

For your information the bathroom in this room was fully refurbished in 2011 as part of a multi million dollar refurbishment.

May I thankyou for your feedback which is very much appreciated and will help us improve the quality of service we provide our guests.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

4 night corporate stay. Hotel suffers from common multi-night problems with chain hotels, i.e. guest given one room service breakfast card and one laundry slip/bag at commencement of stay, which is not replaced unless phoned for every night (to two numbers, room service and also laundry). Room service breakfast had missing items on all mornings. Australia wonders why tourists are not coming.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Ek434
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear EK434

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and I understand it was acted upon when raised with the Manager. Your points have been actioned with housekeeping and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton when your business brings you to Brisbane.

Melbourne
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Brisbane Hilton is first and foremost in a wonderful location. It's right on the mall, great shopping in the Queens Plaza - and a short stroll to Eagle Pier- with wonderful Dining options. They have recently renovated the hotel and I was fortunate to stay in a refurbed exec suite. The rooms are large ( larger than the Hilton Sydney) and comfortable. The staff are very gracious ( well most of them) and the service at the Executive Club is excellent.
Most of my reviews are for 'business' related hotel stays but this hotel would also be my choice for tourists staying in Brisbane as the location is great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear LouMelbourne11

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the CBD. As well as our newly refurbished bedrooms your feedback is appreciated.

Hopefully we can welcome you back at some time in the future on either Business or Leisure.