All reviews rooftop pool games room big lockers communal areas bed dorm female dorm coles supermarket large kitchen brisbane city roma street station minute walk own bathroom top floor great facilities suncorp stadium stayed here for nights free wifi
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

So YHA saved me in Brisbane as I had to leave another hostel due to how filthy it was. I walked in and asked the receptionist about their rooms and instantly got a Much better experiance. The hostel was clean and bright. The room is amazing! Neat and bright. With controllable air con. Individual lights for each bed and a private 3 piece bathroom. Comfy beds and fresh white linens. Nice BIG secure lockers that each have a wall socket so you can charge your electronics in safety. Got a 4 share for only about $10 then I was paying at the previous place but the difference was night and day. The kitchen is huge and clean. The laundry room is well kept and there are elevators and even a games room. I feel more like I'm staying in a hotel then a hostel. Oh! Don't forget the pool with a veiw! This place works for both those looking to meet others and have a great time as well as those looking to relax. But the best part 100% was the staff. Every single one was friendly and helpful and believe me I needed help haha having about a hundred questions with this being my first time in the city. But they answered every one. Sometimes twice. One man stood out though. Duncan is an amazingly friendly guy who actually have genuine enthusiasm about his work. We chatted and laughed for about 20 min and he had a wealth of information that really helped. The best part came when I mentioned I was still trying to figure out the leg of my trip that took me from brissy to cairns in a few days and once again Duncan helped me out. Turns out he is the resistant travel agent as well! We sat down and he worked out (with a calender and step by step notes and highlighting) the next two weeks with me. I am sold on staying at more YHA hostels up the cost if they are even half as good as this one. Congrats to everyone here from the cleaners to the staff to the management of they have a hand in making it work so well. All of you as a team just got yourselves another voice telling anyone who will listen how great this place is! (This is my third posting on different sites so far and you can be sure there will be word of mouth haha) Hope to be back!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2018

My girlfriend and I arrived in Brisbane from overseas and checked into this hostel for a week and a half. It had everything we needed! Staff were friendly and the on site cafe was lovely. We rented bikes at reception and rode around the city. Rooftop pool was pretty refreshing after a hot day! Great location by the train station and a nice 10 minute walk into the city centre.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I had a 3 bed-room. It's clean, friendly staff, good and well maintained common facilities. (Kitchen ist cleaned each night). Nice pool-area on the roof, with beautiful view on the city and the river, where you can eat (kitchen besides) - The hostel is located a bit appart (end of Roma Street), and the busses in Brisbane are very expensive, but this is only a small inconvience. You can also walk or take the water-taxies.

The hostel is modern, but not cold.

A point to remark: why do most of the hostel have doors without turning handles to close them? Each time, somebody enters or leaves a room, he has to slam the door. Nice in a dorm!

Room Tip: The three-bed dorms are good. But don't take rooms rooms near sanitaries (slamming doors).
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2018

A clean and well planned out hostel near the heart of Brisbane. During my time here I've experienced some of the best customer service during my travels in Australia with the staff at reception even attempting to help me fix issues with my car, special thank you to Eddie and Sandra! Overall a nice and comfortable stay with a rooftop which is beautiful when the sun starts to disappear! Highlight of my time in Brissy!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Placed just on the edge of the city which meant all the sights are within walking distance. Rooms were clean with good air conditioning. Kitchen was big and well equipped and with a lovely outside eating area. Rooftop pool had amazing views of the city. Staff really friendly and the hostel itself had lots of events on and meeting drinks to help travellers feel at home and meet new people. A really good place to stay, highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends